First Attempt At Clouds...

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Lighthorseman, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Attached Files:

2. Lighthorseman

Next, I painted the backdrop with what I hoped was a sky-blueish colour.

Attached Files:

3. Lighthorseman

And Next...

Then I tried the cloud technique. I'm unsure of how well I did, but at least I can repaint over the clouds with the blue if I don't like the end result. As far as I am concerned, my first attempt shows that I need practice!!

One thing I know FOR SURE is that this technique is EXCELLENT!! :) Any dum-dum can get the hang of it!

Attached Files:

4. Lighthorseman

The Sun Sets...

As the day drew to a close and the sun went down, I headed back to the workbench, taking a last quick look at the layout, mostly wondering If I would ever get the thing done.

Attached Files:

5. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Looks good. But I'm one step below dum-dum.
    Chrysler man Huh.....Charger and a Super B. Nice choice!
  6. tomfassett

tomfassett Member

Judging by the era of the layout, I am unsure of something... Is that the 1891 Charger or the 1892 model? I'm pretty sure the Super Bee is the 1892 model year, but I couldn't see the tail lights to be sure...:p :D
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The clouds are coming along fine, but where is your GTX and Roadrunner at? :D
  8. Lighthorseman

Sneakin' In The Mopars!

Hee Hee. The EVIL Anachronism Police were off harrassing someone else ('71 HemiCuda), so the '69 Hemi Daytona and the '70 440-6 R/T (both 4-speeds dontcha know...) were unmolested that day.:D

Sorry, it's better (I think) to sneak in pictures of cool Mopars than cool armoured vehicles. Less folks are offended that way.:)

Attached Files:

9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Steve, the clouds are coming along quite well, but where is the "Thunderstorm" one :D

10. marty w.

marty w. Member

Looking good. I'll have to try that myself.
    BTW- Where are the real muscle cars? L-88 vette, LS-6 Chevelle :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  11. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Those clouds look great! I was concerned about how I would make a realistic backdrop. I'd never done anything like that before, but Gavin's technique is so simple and it's easy to get great results!

BTW, I like that old-timey building. I need something like that for my layout, too...
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I've got a backdrop project coming up soon, & I think I'm gonna give this a try too!
  13. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Must be a "ghost" burnout. There's no driver in the car.
  14. Lighthorseman

Uyup. It's the mother of all CommandStarts.:D :D
  15. sgtcarl

sgtcarl Member

I got tons of cloud pictures, if anyone's interested
  16. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Sure! Happy to see them! Feel free to start your own thread with them.