Finding the right window

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by belg, Mar 18, 2004.

1. belg

belg Member

I'm looking for a fixed six pane window about three ft wide and 4 ft tall with a frame, I've tried grandt line, tichy,detail assoc., and campbells and cant find anything close does anyone have another source for me to look at. I also looked at the Walthers website and came up empty. A laser cut would be great.Thanks Pat
  2. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

SS Ltd also has some windows, at least in HO (are you still doing N or did you make the switch?)
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Belg, what about printing (or photocopying) your frames onto clear acetate sheets? I've read somewhere that the thickness of the toner is actually closer to prototype measurements than any castings.

4. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

5. belg

belg Member

Thanks for the suggestions folks still have not found what need but if all else fails I will print them on the acetate. Thanks to mhdishere and Val for the idea.
  6. krokodil

krokodil Member

Look at those windows, all are printed.

Good luck

Attached Files:

• 767.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
  7. philip

philip Guest

I have a few of these.

Attached Files:

• 3x5.jpg
      File size:
      5.9 KB
  8. belg

belg Member

Philip THAT'S IT the exact window I'm looking for did you make that? or buy it? Where can I get those? Pat
  9. philip

philip Guest

I thought I was the only one on this early. I borrowed the window from Union Station/Walthers.

How many do you need?
  10. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi Pat,

a little bit smaller (I think it is about 9x13 mm) you can get from Auhagen in their WINDOWS Kits. They have one bigger size as well, I will check for you the size.
  11. belg

belg Member

Philip believe it or not I need 42 pieces between the two buildings I'm planning. Thanks Pat
  12. philip

philip Guest

Pat, Oh man my windows are HO........Sorry .

You find one somewhere to your liking and I'll make you a mold.

13. belg

belg Member

Philip these structures I'm working on are being built in HO so the window is right. I would love to be able to make my own mold do you have a tutorial on this process? Thanks Pat
  14. belg

belg Member

Krokodil I missed your post before I tried to go to the website but No german spoken here so I was flying blind. If you could look into it for me that would be great. Thanks Pat
  15. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi my Friend

I try to link their WEB sites with those windows, they have quite a lot (but the structure of the WEB is strange for linking. Let me try.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Article Numbers are 48647, 48648 , 48650 and 48550

If this does not work, go to

and Ausstattung, you will find them.

16. belg

belg Member

krokodil I really like the set thats off to the right but it gives no dimensions for the windows and doors do you know what they are or could you ask the company in an email please. I need the grill of the exterior(do not include the glue flange in the measurement) to be about 4 HO scale feet high no more.Thanks alot Pat
  17. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi Pat

I am sure you will get the extra size of those windows from them as well. They speek quite well English.

I have a few of them, here are the dimensions.

The light braun with 6 glass segments has the dimensions of 7x13 mm

The darker braun one with 8 segments is 9x18 mm, similar is the size of the white 3 segment windows.

Always it is the frame size (opening in the wall).
  18. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

3.5mm = 1 HO foot

1 mm = approx. 3.5 HO inches (the width of an HO 2x4)

So a 3'x4' window opening would be 10.5x14mm :thumb:
  19. philip

philip Guest

Pat : I mailed a few windows to your address Saturday. Give em a try. They may be a little tall.

20. belg

belg Member

Philip,thanks I look forward to their arrival.Pat