Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by McFortner, Jun 25, 2003.

1. McFortner

McFortner Member

something went right. We found out this week that our offer on the house we wanted was accepted. We'll be closing on the 17th of July! :D :D :D

It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with a large screened in porch off the back and a small outbuilding/barn in the back. The roof needs work on the outbuilding, but the house is in very good shape considering it was made in 1985 and is painted poo-poo brown! :rolleyes:

And guess what one bedroom is going to be for a while.... :rolleyes: ;) :p :D :D :D

2. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

so it's gonna be a H0 layout in the bedroom, a G layout in the garden (controlled by handheld radio throttles from the porch), an N layout in the small outbuilding (after the roof is fixed) :D :D :D

In earnest: CONGRATULATIONS! You have a busy time ahead - and we'll follow your progress step by step! I'm looking forward to your progress reports - the making of the New Southern Railway! :) :) :)

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great, and congratulations are in order. I hope there was no difficulty in getting out of your current lease. Home ownership is a lot of work at times, but it is always worth it.:)

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

mike, I thought by now you would have pics to post -

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: and a plan of the new layout(s) ROFL:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Congrats Michael! :cool:
  6. absnut

absnut Member

Congratulations to you and your family. Serious layout planning time ahead!

7. rsn48

rsn48 Member

Congratualations on the acquisition of your new layout room... and oh ya... good to hear the rest of the house comes with it.:D :p
  8. brakie

brakie Active Member

Hey!!! Alright now! Congrats Mike!
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

GOOD NEWS :D I like good news:p ;) :D
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Nice work, Michael.
    I think there's a couple of threads here on shingling for your outbuilding. :D
  12. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Great news, Michael, we wish you all the best in your new home!!:) :)