finally back

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
It is good to get back to some sence of normality, if one calles it that, more like routine. Been a long month and a half, had a close relative die then once dealing somewhat with that my elderly mother fell and severly broke her hip so had to fly back again and deal with that. Upon returning went to get back onto the computer to see what I have missed here and the darn thing just would not work so off it goes. They say things happen in three's well my three's are up.
Finally managed to set the computer cleaned and back into working condition and here I am, wow, there is sure a lot to catch up on so between work, the farm and railroading will get there.
The weather changed so now we have cooler temperatures and rain so that means hobby time !!! Got upstairs, thats were I am building my modules, the last couple of nights and got some track down, hope to get up there this afternoon and power it up and see if I can get something running..like others will have to see if I can post some pictures of the progress..Ron..

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Sorry about your loss Ron, but welcome back to a rather more perfect world - your RR empire.
My mom is rather elderly too (83) and last week while visiting her sister she tripped and fell, landing on her chin. Mercifully, no bones were broken, and she's home, stitches are out and she's on the mend. Seems the tables are turned and it's the kids who have to worry about their parents now.
I sincerely hope your mom makes a full and speedy recovery.

Val

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Elderly relatives

You have to watch out for these elderly relatives -- they think they are still 65 and try to do everything they used to. We're never certain if the falls trigger the mental problems or they have strokes that cause the falls. And then they won't slow down or use their walkers.
Don't let them use a (2-wheeled) shopping cart as a walker -- it does not work amd it gets in their way.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It's fine to have you back here again, Ron.

I feel with you, concerning your troubles with your Mom. We made similar experiences with my mother. She is in a nursing home now, after she fell and broke her hip. In July she fell out of the bed and broke her shoulder, too...

Now it's clear that she can't go back into her apartment, so in the last few eeks we (my wife and I) had to clean out the apartment, dispose the furniture and so on. This keeps us quite on the run, since she was living 80 miles away...

That's why my modeling practically came to a standstill this summer. I centered my RR activities here on the Gauge, but I hope to catch up in the train room soon again.

Feeling with you - all my best wishes for your mom - and happy railroading again.

Ron

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Just managed to get into some days off now after a long busy block of work 50 plus hours in five days so time to check in and see how things are progressing. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you all for the very kind comments that you have made, you do not know how important the are, many thanks again..
It is early in the evening, wife has gone to University, back to get her masters, so just me and the dogs soooo think it is time to head off to the train room to work on my interchange module. Managed to sneak the old digital camera home from work on a break and take a few pics of what I am working on, have not had a chance to see what they are like so if I get the program up and running in the other comp will try post them.. thanks Ron..