Finally back.....

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bill Stone, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Well, I was gone from the latter part of April until the third week in May (flew to Washington DC and then drove a rental car across the country --- 3100 miles of fun bothering relatives). When I tried to get back on here, things were much changed, including that the site refused to recognize my login. Man, did I feel unwanted!

Thank you Jon and Shamus for fixing that. I have a lot of catching up to do. A month plus away and I have to be retrained (so to speak).

Happy to be amongst you again.

PS: The new format looks great.
  2. belg

belg Member

Bill its great to hear from you again,did you do any modeling while on the road or buy any new items? Since you went cross country you must have hit a few LHS's, Pat.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Welcome back Bill!
  4. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Sounds like a fun trip Bill.
    Welcome back.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Welcome back BillS, I bet you took a lot of pictures!!!.
    Look forward to seeing some. :wave:
  6. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Thanks Belg, Ray, Tyson, & Chris.

Belg: No modeling, no MRR purchases. This was a total holiday.

Chris: It's dumb, I know, but I always carry a camera on a trip --- and hardly ever take any pictures. But here is a little car you might enjoy seeing. I met a guy in Fort Collins, Colorado --- husband of a cousin --- who was involved in the restoration of this little trolley and now functions as its motorman on weekends (It runs in downtown Fort Collins.) I don't know the history of the car, but I think he said it was from an old Fort Collins trolley line. (I scanned this from a post card, didn't take the picture.)

The second picture was taken at the Cheyenne, Wyoming station (or what used to be the station) This is a neat place to have a beer and watch trains. The UP main line is right there, and its a crew change stop. While we were sitting there at least eight or ten long freights coasted in and stopped, the crews changed right there in front of us, and they were off again in five or ten minutes. My wife is the second from left; I'm at the far right in the picture.

Attached Files:

7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

That is aneat place to have a beer! Um, you're facing the wrong way!
  8. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Good beer too. They have a minibrewery right there.