Farm Tractors?

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I hope ya don't mind...

...if I have a chuckle over your dilema.

I thought it was funny in a "tongue in cheek" kinda way that ya built a building for product and don't have any product to display.

It's often the way with modeling- excepting when ya wanna show what the heck it is that there's a reason for being- kinda thing.

Like when I whipped up a building and needed to "justify" it's appearance.

If I may impart a declaration- please feel free to use it any time-

Better you than me!

Uhmmmmmm- scan some images of that JD equipment and glue it to cardstock and have a sales guy standing in front of the item with a customer??? I'm only going by car sales places- I am too far removed from farm equipment sales. If it's out doors- Hire a helicopter and take aerial photos of a sales lot and glue the pics to the lot???

OK- just having fun with your dilema.:D

Mark

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by jmarksbery
Anyone know where I can buy N scale farm tractors? John Deere, farmalls, any kind, I don't care. I built a tractor sale building and now I can't find any tractors. Around the 50's or before. :(
Can't help you, but if you find out, let me know, I've just converted a kit over to a feed and grain supply and a few tractors would look good.

But, in the meantime, put up a sign "TRACTOR CLEARANCE SALE. NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED", then cross it out and write "SORRY, ALL SOLD OUT.":D :D :D :D

Don

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi Jim,

Wiking makes a modern type tractor in N, based on Massey Ferguson and Favorit (looks the same as the MF).

Preiser have a 70's style green and red Deusch model.

Holgate and Reynolds makes a Farmall.

Also Athearn is coming out with 2 different 50s-style John Deere models.

You can see pix of all but the Holgate & Reynolds on the Walthers site.

Mark, I know what you mean about buying a building and having nothing to go with it. The Bachmann Bus Terminal comes to mind. A fabulous building kit, but just try to find a Greyhound bus!

cheers
Val

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
GHG, Road Master series has a JD model 70 in pewter. That is the red tractor in the picture. The other two I am working on are, I believe, from Musket Miniatures, LLC in Broomfield, CO.

Attachments

• mvc-006s.jpg
    mvc-006s.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 104

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Trucks too

I saw the tractor post and was inspired. I may need a few of those! They also make trucks in pewter. These trucks are cool. I have a gang of them in all different makes and models. They are made by CinC, GHQ and Showcase Miniatures. Here is an example of one of the finished ones, interior and all.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 97