European subways and rapid transits in H0

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TEP 60, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TEP 60

TEP 60 Member

Leopold Halling produces in H0 Berliner-S-Bahn, Berliner-U-Bahn, Wiener-U-Bahn- does anyone produce the suitable decorative third rails for them? Woytnik has discontinued his Berliner-S-Bahn third rail...
  2. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Couldn't you just spike a third rail on the side...or attach it to supports? It's really easy to do...especially if it is purely cosmetic.

It's a shame they offer the Weiner U-Bahn but not the Weiner S-bahn. The Vienna subways looks like some hideous soviet thing...but their older street cars are just beautiful. The subway trains are unworthy of what I regard as the world's finest city...

I've attached a picture of the station near the summer palace, Schoenbrun, where you can see the third well as some pictures of the old (non-spaceship looking) strassenbahn cars...from

Viennaslide Imagefile - Vienna, Austria: Tramway
    Viennaslide Imagefile - Vienna, Austria: Tramway

I want to live there. I want to ride their Strassenbahn every day!

Attached Files:

3. jetrock

jetrock Member

TEP, you've asked the same question over and over for months, and the answer is still the same: no. It's time for you to come to terms with the fact that you might have to scratchbuild this third-rail. It's time to move past denial and progress on to acceptance!
  4. I saw an ad the other day for NE corridor catenery in HO. The guy was also offering 3rd rail shoes, Try googling for it