Engineer Bill Retires

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by hminky, May 30, 2005.

1. hminky

hminky Member

The old 1/43 scale Engineer Bill seen in my O scale web articles has retired.I have painted a new OO scale Engineer Bill for the forthcoming OO articles. He is a 1/72 Preiser figure of a 1920's pilot that was shortened a tad to 1/76 scale and backdated. Here the new Bill is pointing out the glories of an "HO" IHC 4-4-0 on the former On30 Pacific Coast Air Line Railway.

Model the 1870's in OO/HO at:

Have a nice day
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice work Harold. Bill has every reason to be proud.
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Fantastic shot Harold. Ol' Bill really has worked hard keeping things in ship-shape order, and deserves to kick back...:thumb::thumb:
  4. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

So you got a new Bill...
    trade for the bill I got today in the mail ;) :)

Nice work... certain the pics of your work never do it justice.
  5. Zman

Zman Member

How exactly did you shorten the fellow? Did you have to cut his ankles off and re-attach the feet? Was there a lot of blood? :D
  6. hminky

hminky Member

I cut off his feet and remove about .06 from the legs and glue the feet back on. The 1/72 Prieser figures are about 6 foot tall in 1/76. I want them about 5-7 to fit the earlier era. Fortunately the Preiser figures tend to be long legged so the shortend legs are not as noticeable. No blood but keeping track of loose feet is a problem :eek: :eek:

Here are 2 more shortened and backdated Preisers with Engineer BIll on the ground. A true OO figure by Langley on the back of an HO MDC caboose as an 1870's OO caboose behind MDC HO boxcars.

7. Zman

Zman Member

Stunning work as always. Not only are you an expert modeler, but a proficient surgeon as well.