Election Week at the Blue Note!!!!!

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Well, we are going to open special tonight, as it is election night. The offering will be baked beans and weenies! Figured it was time to hand the gas back to the gasbags that been dishing it out. For dessert there will be humble pie.

All the TV's will be tuned in for the election results. NO SPORTS TONIGHT!!!!

Imogene had a problem last Sunday at the brunch. You guys got her running back and forth so fast in my absences that friction in her upper regions caused some blisters. So please keep the dollar bills in yer britches tonight so she has some time to heal. She is a good worker and I don't want a little thing like this discourage her. The bit mark on her heel from Feedwaters hat is bad enough!!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Well, I went out today and cast my bullet,,,,uhhh,,ballot. The computer age is really a wonderful place to be political. All the candidates have a "www.voteforme.com", and most have a link to Email. I need a new keyboard, I've melted this one down, letting my candidates know who they intend to REPRESENT!
The quickest way to lose my vote is to NOT respond to me when I send an Email. The way I see it, if they want to represent me, they'd better be ready to talk to me.
Everyone is taking comical shots at the Florida voters. I see that as a sad commentary on the deplorable condition of the American democracy. When people can't operate a voting machine, how can they be expected to make a smart choice about who their government will be.
I would be happy to see the day when, if there is any other candidate on the ballot, the Republican/Democrat candidate recieved no vote at all! An eye opener that would truly be!
Last report; the tank car has been returned from Graham County, FULL.
Enjoy.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I will take my usual table in the corner and nurse a nice cold beer while I watch the election returns come. I will pass on the gas makers had enough of them recently. We may need to bring Mr. Feedwater's cap in here to "clear" the air.

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site
Say Dave, an easy way to keep Casey's critter cap from nipping folks is to have a bowl GCF down on the floor for it. :D :p :p :D Now you might be able to get away with a bowl of suds instead. :cool: :D :cool:

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site
Dagnabit! :mad: Closed! :( :eek: :eek: Again! :confused: If'n it's noon shouldn't this here place be open? I know that it's noon somewhere. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :p :p :D

All I wanted was to give this here "balm" to Imogene. Just wanted t' help with her bite and blisters. :D :D :cool: :cool: :p :p :D :D

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Sorry I've had the doors shut for a couple of days! I lost Imogene and I have been trying to rustle up a replacement. No, she's not dead from rabies or nothin'

I came in to do a little work Wednesday morning and she was a here waitin'. She was all pumped up, if ya know what I mean, about the elections. She had her bags packed and was headin' for the bus station to go to Washington DC. Said she had been listenin' to Rush and she was sure she was a shoo in for a Federal Judge job now that anyone with a red neck was eligible. I told her that it meant red on the back of the neck not the front but she just wasn't listenin'.

So anyways' I have been interviewin' and not had much luck findin' someone as special as Imogene!

So tonight I just have beer in cans or bottles and I got hot dogs on paper plates with tater chips! As soon as I find a replacement I will be able to get back to better cookin' and washin' up!

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Ok, I kinda have things back under control without Imogene.

So Friday night we have barbequed short ribs, cottage fries, asparagus and a garden salad. Stewed prunes for dessert.

Music is blues tonight by a group called the Stokers. I do miss Debbie on top of the pianer though!

Enjoy!

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
Dave, Reservations for three Saturday Evening, I have a special guest, my daughter. :cool: I just have to keep her away from Mr. Feedwaters cap, she doesn't need to have to get a rabbies shot. :mad: :p

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Dave,

I can't believe that our Hooter's refugee is gone. Now you are going to have to go down there and see if you can entice another one or two or three to come over to this place. We can help anyone with a "chest problem".:)

The ribs sound good but I'll pass on the dessert. How about a Killian's Red to go along with that.

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Well it is college game day at the Blue Note this afternoon. I willbe watching one game in particular so you will be served by my new girl Lucy. Now I know you was used to Imogene but I want no Olive Oil jokes to scare her off. She has some other good traits!

Dinner tonight will be roast beef, smashed spuds and gravy, corn on the cob, green beans and parker house rolls. Dessert will be cherry pie!

I got a special on Yukon Jack for those what's likes it! $2 pints from the tap as well!

Enjoy!

Rusty Stumps

Well we will be a little late this evening. Sitting here waiting for the real estate agent to show the house.....:eek:

That's right, Saturday night 7:45 to 9 they have a request to show the house. Told the listing agent that if these people weren't real interested I was throwing their butts out the door!:D :D

Afterall we got to make it to the Blue Note before ole Feedwater does. His entrance always gets the party going. And maybe PaulT will stop by again and enterain everyone with some of his fine harmonica playing. All we have to do is keep some of the folks off the tables and make them do their "clomp'n dance" imatations on the dance floor!:rolleyes: :D :eek:

Hummingbird

Sep 4, 2002
North Texas
Visit site
You Whooooo,

It's me...UP HERE on the piano !!! It's good to see Ya'll...you all look well. Sorry to hear about Imogene...I was doing my Genealogy and found out we's Kinfolk...I hope she does well in Washington. If not...well...she'll fit right in there! I hope she'll come back and visit us "ordinary folk".

Cowcatcher, I could help out part-time...but let me see...I'll need a few days off FIRST to go shopping for new clothes, get my nails done, color my hair, wash the bike, wax my legs...Yikes...forget that one!...And the next day after my first day, I'll need off for...for....uh....I'll think of something!

WHAT IN TARNATION IS THAT SMELL???

Happy Railroading...pass it on!
:p Debbie

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Tis turning out to be a good night. I survived the brownie outing. We had three different troops about 100 girls and as many family members at a private showing of Santa Claus 2. All had a good time. So I take an order of that roast beast and spuds. You can hold the gravy and bring extra butter for the corn.

My head is still stuffed so I can't smell a thing. Has the cap been around tonight? The clothes pins on the tables are a nice touch.

I'll try one those special beers and a shot of some Irish whiskey. It's for medicinal purposes only.

Who's the angel on the piano?