egyptian model railroading

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
here is some models from apaper called NASEBIAN sold here in egypt for not very detailed locos like sd60m and ge c18-7i also tank car and hopper
(notice :the models are not very detailed but strong)
mohamed :D

Attachments

• jjhj.jpg
    jjhj.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 84
  • jlk;l.jpg
    jlk;l.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 83

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
it seems to be near to the O scale but i wanna to run it and i canot do that also i need to tracks but i canot but i will try alot of times for making atrack for it.

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
thanks zman for the replay
model railroading is avery very very rare hobby in egypt :lol:
i just know one model railroader here in egypt but i think that i will find alot of them here and we will make this hobby popular in the future.
i begin to design some locos and i will finish the model of the first design after about 3days and i will call it CAIRO1 .
also when i will finish it i will try to take pix for it and post it for all of railfans and model railroaders here to know there opinions about it.
thanks again for the replay.

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Hey, you ought to buy a train set on eBay. It would include an engine, cars, caboose, train and a transformer. I guess the only thing you would have to check is the voltage. I am not sure what your electrical system is in effect in Egypt. I am sure a seller on eBay would be delighted to ship to Egypt.

Hi, Mohamed :

Nice model locos you got there... Your first one look similar to Frateschi model of a GE U20C in service with Philippine National Railways. Model picture is to the left. Pictures of the real mccoy are features of JonMonon thread on PNR RAILWAYS.... Maa assalamah

Muhammad Farouk
Zamboanga City, the Philippines

Attachments

• U20C & U8B-LEFT FRONT.jpg
    U20C & U8B-LEFT FRONT.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 67

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
im sorry for the delay replay but really i were very busy in the last time .
im really very happy for all of yurs replays as i now feel that i have alot of nice friends here in this great website also i will finish amodel of new designed loco i will call it cairo1 and i will begin ti design more and more.
nice locos faroukstan its the first time for me to know that there model railroading there but really its avery nice locos.
waiting for more replays
mohamed

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
hey faroukstan yur models are very similar to the GE C18-7I that runs here in egypt and i will try to attach apic of it for u now

mohamed

Attachments

• enr-2305.jpg
    enr-2305.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 67
Salaam, Mohamed:

A nice crisp shot of a very well maintained loco (was it shot in the winter?!).
I found this pic from website long ago that I can't remember the address. This an example of the GE U14/20 in Philippine National Railways livery.

The resemblance to your Egyptian GE U18 is striking. Perhaps becasue they are family;) !

Happy model railroading....

Muhammad Farouk (aka "faroukstan")

Attachments

• No. 01a - PNR 911,  GE U14 to Legazpi.jpg
    No. 01a - PNR 911, GE U14 to Legazpi.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 66

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
dodi4200 said:
hey faroukstan yur models are very similar to the GE C18-7I that runs here in egypt and i will try to attach apic of it for u now

mohamed

Hi mohamed
Nice pics. Is that snow on the ground? :confused: I guess I thought that Egypt was too tropical for snow. I have always pictured it like the Sahara, last place to look for snow. Goes to show you learn something new every day. :eek: :eek:

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
no this snow isnot here in egypt there is no snow in egypt
this pic was from awebsite i think that its www.locopage.com the weather here in egypt is warm all the year where u can have anice time all the year time.
faroukstan is there in philippines using the automatic american couplers in all of yur locos and cars?
here in egypt we are just use the couplers in limited cars like the line between ALEXANDRIA and ABU KEER in passenger trains and also in the grain trains in the EMD JT22CW-M and EMD JT22CW-WM locos.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
dodi4200 said:
no this snow isnot here in egypt there is no snow in egypt
this pic was from awebsite i think that its www.locopage.com the weather here in egypt is warm all the year where u can have anice time all the year time.

Thanks Mohamed
I was afraid global warming was coming faster than anyone thought. :D BTW just watched The Day After Tomorrow. That's where the weather thought came from. :eek:ops: :D

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
hahaha me too after i saw that film i become more afriad from any bad weather :lol:
so wat about the best loco for you also u can attach apic for it for us to see.
also faroukstan i wanna to know much more about yur models and the prices of it there.

dodi4200 said:
hahaha me too after i saw that film i become more afriad from any bad weather :lol:
so wat about the best loco for you also u can attach apic for it for us to see.
also faroukstan i wanna to know much more about yur models and the prices of it there.
mohamed :D/QUOTE]

Salaam, Mohamed :

My models are still undecorated. I'm planning to get it done when I get home (to Philippines) after 10 July (I'm presently in the Sultanate of Oman) either in Philippine National Rwys livery, or my freelanced HO model railroad.

The models were obtained straight from Frateschi's Brazilian outlet. I can't remember how much I paid for these in 2003. But check Frateschi's website for the outlets where you can find the prices:
www.frateschi.com.br/home_eng.php
Happy model railroading !

Muhammad Farouk (aka faroukstan)

dodi4200

Jun 21, 2005
i visited the website but i wanna to ask u aquestion do u know how to build aloco model by yur hand from the zero level by making molds and wheels?
waiting yur replay