E. Brown & Sons cold storage

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by cnw1961, Jan 11, 2006.

1. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Greetings everyone. I recently signed in to The Gauge. Nice to have a special forum for scratchers and bashers. I think scratchbuilding is much more fun than building kits. I just finished the first scratchbuilt structure for my new CNW layout: E. Brown & Sons cold strage.

2. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Kurt,

Thats one beautiful building you built there. Is it Ho? Welcome to the gauge, Theres a lot of great folks here.

Ron:thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  3. nachoman

nachoman Guest

ditto. There are some great modelers on this forum. You may want to check out the recently completed "kitbash challenge" threads.

4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, welcome to the Gauge. That's a good looking building there. Great work.:thumb: :thumb: Ron is right, this is by far the best RR forum for good information and friendly folks. :D
  5. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Ditto the Welcome. Great looking building. Is that a 57 Chevy?
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Awesome building, Kurt!
  7. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Thank you for warm welcome. The scale of the building is HO. Dick , it is a 55 Chevy.

8. zedob

zedob Member

Hi CNW, nice to have you aboard.

Beautiful building. Is the brickwork had scribed?
  9. Catt

Catt Guest

Hi Kurt,I'll get my welcome to the Gauge right about here.I have to add to the praise of your modeling talents.That is some extremely nice modeling.
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Glad you could join us Kurt! That is a very nicely done structure indeed! I'd like to know about the brickwork too. Looks great.
  11. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

I used styrene brick sheets made by the small german manufacturer Auhagen (I dont think you will get them in the US). Painted in the right color and with some "mortar" they look like handscribed bricks.

12. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

another welcome to the gauge:wave: great building.
  13. knudsen

knudsen New Member

Spoken ze dansk? Smuk! Wowza! 1st scratch? Great work!
  14. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

No dansk! Only german and broken english perfectly spoken. The cold storage is my 3rd scratch, but the first one for my new layout.
  15. modelsof1900

modelsof1900 Member

Hallo Kurt,
    herzlich willkommen hier im Forum - also from a registered user coming from Dresden, Germany. I think like all the others, The Gauge is really a good forum for all scratch builders. And I would like to see more of present and future modelling jobs. Great this building!

16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome Aboard The Gauge, Kurt :D

Great Modeling there! :D
  17. modelsof1900

modelsof1900 Member

Auhagen is available by Euro Train Hobby Inc. or Miami Trains. Look also on their website http://www.auhagen.de - Handler-Verzeichnis (dealer index).

18. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That is a beautiful piece of work, Kurt!

:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
  19. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Welcome to the gauge! Very nice looking building! The 55 chevy looks like one of the Model Power models, and the truck is a Classic Metal Works. Check out the truck at this; http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=16650&page=4, The
    truck is the same CMW, the bed is a laser cut kit. If you are interested, I can PM you the manufacturer's name, and web site.
  20. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

That looks great. I wish I had that kind of time!