Durkins Freight

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Hi everyone, been busy with house work and yard work but got a little time for modeling also. Here is a Bachman freight station I bashed together. I didn't realize till I was almost done that this is the same one Drew used to do the Marksberry Feed Co. Now you have 2 versions of the same kit to show how different they can look. This one is named for a good friend of mine. I made small changes in the building itself, rearranged and made larger some dock and added a new section to the rail side of the building. Here's a few shots:
asv.jpg

asw.jpg

This shows the rail side and the faded signs:
asx.jpg

Another sign on this end shot:
asy.jpg

This is the entrance view of the building, old man Durkin dosn't allow smoking in his office and some one threw a lighted cigar butt in the trash can and look what happened. (don't ask what really happened :eek:ops: )
atc.jpg

a close up, yes it is really burnt
atb.jpg

I beefed up the little crane to look like it could do some work.
ata.jpg

The building in the background is Tuckers Taxi, it is scratch built from plans by Jim Mooney's Karl's Kab and I will show it as soon as I get some taxi's done. It is quite interesting. Later :D Jim
asz.jpg

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Thanks everyone, it was fun to do. And now for the burnt window. :eek:ops: I often get impatient, such as watching paint dry, sooooo when I paint something and can't wait, I will stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up thus the paint cures quick. Well I forgot I had already wired it for the lighting :eek:ops: and when I hit the start button :eek:ops: :eek: sparks flew :curse: cating the window on fire!! :rolleyes: You can read in the rest. :p Jim