Durkins Freight

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jmarksbery, Jun 6, 2005.

1. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Hi everyone, been busy with house work and yard work but got a little time for modeling also. Here is a Bachman freight station I bashed together. I didn't realize till I was almost done that this is the same one Drew used to do the Marksberry Feed Co. Now you have 2 versions of the same kit to show how different they can look. This one is named for a good friend of mine. I made small changes in the building itself, rearranged and made larger some dock and added a new section to the rail side of the building. Here's a few shots:

This shows the rail side and the faded signs:

Another sign on this end shot:

This is the entrance view of the building, old man Durkin dosn't allow smoking in his office and some one threw a lighted cigar butt in the trash can and look what happened. (don't ask what really happened :oops: )

a close up, yes it is really burnt

I beefed up the little crane to look like it could do some work.

The building in the background is Tuckers Taxi, it is scratch built from plans by Jim Mooney's Karl's Kab and I will show it as soon as I get some taxi's done. It is quite interesting. Later :D Jim
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Another fantastic looking structure and mini-scene Jim. The details are great
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Wow Jim, fantastic. As usual, your attention to detail is outstanding. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Good to see you.:wave::wave:
  4. Zman

Zman Member

Wow. Fantastic craftsmanship!
  5. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

:eek: :thumb: :cool: I like the burnt bit, and the rusty roof above it. :thumb:
  7. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Looks great Jim. :thumb:
    Sorry I just have to ask. How did you do the burnt window? Inquiring minds want to know.
  8. petepuma

petepuma Member

It looks great! I wonder what those LPB's are thinking? "oops..."
  9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Excellent diorama Jim.
    Way to go. :thumb: :thumb:
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Another jmarksbery fine quality product! Yes!
  11. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

12. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Nice work, Jim! I have that same station on my layout. I kept mine pretty close to the original with only some paint and weathering. Your's looks great!
  13. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Thanks everyone, it was fun to do. And now for the burnt window. :oops: I often get impatient, such as watching paint dry, sooooo when I paint something and can't wait, I will stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up thus the paint cures quick. Well I forgot I had already wired it for the lighting :oops: and when I hit the start button :oops: :eek: sparks flew :curse: cating the window on fire!! :rolleyes: You can read in the rest. :p Jim
  14. interurban

interurban Active Member

Jim, that`s fantastic, burnt bit and all.

Detail Detail!!! :thumb:
  15. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Wellll...It DID light up! :rolleyes:

We each have are moments.
    The house still stands, all are still alive, the microwave still works...
    It's All good!!

Those things still are... right?