1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Drawings Henschel 0-4-0

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- International' started by MT Hopper, Sep 10, 2007.

1. MT Hopper

MT Hopper MT Hopper

I am trying to find drawings for a german WWII 600 mm gauge Henschel 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 locomotive, failing that one of the WWII 0-6-0 Deutz diesels should do. I have looked at Marklin, eckardt et al but no dimensional data is given!

Cheers
    Will
  2. hmas

hmas Member

The Deutz company claim to have built 23,000 locomotives before 1966, catering for a world wide market. The book 'Auf schmaler Spur am Bergwerk' about the Grube Fortuna line gives the following for the Deutz 117

Length - 2560
    Width - 1100
    Height - 1410 no cab or they used gnomes, as drivers
    Wheelbase - 780

I do have a drawing of 234 c1939 with a cab.
    I can't insert it here?
    Tony
  3. MT Hopper

MT Hopper MT Hopper

Thanks hmas! At least that gives me something. Now if my photogrammetry skills can be revived I might just be able to at least produce the outline of one. I am attempting to produce a model of a Henschel or an O&K or even a Deutz to 1:35 scale.

Cheers
    Will
  4. hmas

hmas Member

at wot gage? :confused:
    45 mm Gauge 1 will require about 1/20 scale loco
    32mm 0 gauge =3' or 900mm track about 1/24 scale
    ho track will give you 600mm in 1/32
    ho-rrible track goes well with gauge 1 as a feeder line.

z gauge looks like a club /model engineers track
  5. MT Hopper

MT Hopper MT Hopper

Scale & Gauge

I am making it in 1/35 scale on 16.5 mm gauge track. Using this scale/gauge combination should yield a model close to 2 foot gauge or 500 mmm gauge.

Cheers
    Will
  6. MT Hopper

MT Hopper MT Hopper

My journey to find some drawings/4 views of a World War Two 0-4-0 , 600mm gauge Henschel continue. I still have not found the rare and exotic critter known as, "a front view". However, it has been most educational so far. I have learnt far more about the Deutsches Reichsbahn Schmalspurbahn, than I ever wanted to know. When I started I couldn't have even told you that a DR Schmalspurbahn loco was what I was after! I soldier on. Who knows I may actually find the drawings before next spring!

Cheers
    from the Heart of the Continent
    Will
  7. MT Hopper

MT Hopper MT Hopper

I finally have the drawings. Thanks to the kindness of fellow model railroaders in England, Sweden, Croatia and Germany I have a decent 3 view of what I now know to be a Class 99 Type 110C 0-6-0 Feldbahn locomotive of the Heere Deutsches Reichbahn Geselleschaft circa 1940.
    Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
    MT Hopper