Drambuie on the Rocks

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, Mar 7, 2004.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Finally got my Rock Island RS-3 (Atlas) this morning from my "connection". Was playing around with it, and the macro setting, on my Hutchinson diorama.

2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Cool pics Mike! I like shots of railroad equipment sneaking behind structures or being framed by buildings as they cross roads....very prototypic looking. Did you paint the grafitti on David's? It looks very convincing. The Drambuie billboard looks like hundreds I've seen along the highways. Nice to see that old RI scheme too! I used to see locos like that cross the campus of Central College in Pella, IA back in the late 70's.
  3. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Good modelling.
    Poored myself a Jack Daniels over ice to look at your pics.:D :D

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Stuff!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Graffiti is actually a decal I printed using my inkjet; billboard is done using same printer on decal paper. Original is from one of my 1980 magazines that I found at that antique market I mentioned.
  6. George D

George D Member

The signs look great, nice job. :thumb: . What brand printer did you use? I printed some decals using an HP printer, but the ink ran when I tried to apply the decals.

Your comment about finding a 1980's magazine in an antique store sure makes me feel old. :D

7. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great looking scenes!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Great looking diorama, Mike!
    :cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I found a November 1943 issue of MR, at a hobby shop, some time back..............I haven't aged a bit since I started aging that magazine! :eek: :eek: :D :D :D