Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Dec 25, 2002.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve. My presents are wrapped and under the tree, the kitty's stocking is hung by the chimney with care, and I'm downstairs fooling around with my camera and a new "neon" sign I just received. Life is good....

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Beautiful Val! :cool:
  3. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Nice shot Val, Merry Christmas to all!

4. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Val, thats one hell of a nice night shot my friend, just about perfect.
    Merry Christmas

5. Railery

Railery Member

:D Very nice picture Val. Where did u get the neon sign, who is the manufacturer ? :)
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thank-you so much guys! The sign is from Microstructures at They have an experimenter's kit if you want to make your own signs and they also have some animated signs with chase patterns. Very cool stuff.
    Merry Christmas to all!!!

:D Val
  7. satokuma

satokuma Member

Great night shot...what a feeling...did you use the experment kit or one of the rtr units. Can we see a closeup.
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Satokuma, it's actually a pre-production sample. I'm doing some work with them, designing graphics for some new sign kits. Right now though, you can purchase the EL experimenter's kit and using a printer on acetate design anything you want. It's very easy to work with, and soooooo cool!
    No close ups today - my camera is packed up for a trip to Vancouver - the airport taxi arrives in an hour!
    See you all later! Merry Christmas!

9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

My feelings, exactly, Val!
    The very best of Holidays to you & yours! :)
  10. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Great shot, spitfire! I love a well-constructed urban scene. Looks like it could be in Houston! Or pretty much any other large North American city... :)
  11. interurban

interurban Active Member

gift for chris

And you have done it again Val, Great Shot.

I have just got to get one of those darn camara things;)

Have a great time in Vancouver. Say hello to Gas Town and such from me.

Have a safe trip.
    :) :) :) :) :)
  12. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Agrees wholeheartedly with Shamus

DAMN she's GOOD!! With the modeling AND the camera!
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Very nice Val. So now you are in Vancouver. I am just an hour away up river in Mission spending the holiday season with my son and his family. We spent boxing day with friends in North Vancouver. What a great view from there. See you back in Ontario in te new year.
  14. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great looking picture and scene.
  15. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

The scene and photo looks absolutely great!
    Nice job Val.
  16. RI541

RI541 Member

17. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Great Scene!

Val, your work is awe-inspiring. One thing I would love to be able to do is create super-realistic urban scenes. You sure can. :) Very nicely done.
  18. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Love the night scene! Have you ever seen the movie "A Christmas Story" about the little boy (named Ralph!) who wants a BB gun for Christmas? Your pic reminds me a lot of the downtown shots of the town in Indiana where his family goes to see the holiday parade at night! Cool!
  19. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Going off topic here, but you reminded me of times long gone. The "Christmas Story", is an autobiographical tale, by humorist Jean Shepard. I remember listening to his radio show on WOR, New York, back around 1960.
  20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Just got back from Vancouver and am catching up with everyone. Thanks a lot for the kind words everyone!!!!