Doubleheaded Erie Berkshires

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
OK, so this isn't quite what you were expecting. A doubleheaded shot required pulling back quite a way and losing some detail. Thought this was a good one to start with. Marty's unit is on the right. Marty, it hasn't been drybrushed yet!

Attachments

• p1010356jpg.jpg
    p1010356jpg.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 151

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Here is the doubleheader shot. Marty's is the second loco. Of some interest (?) is the truck in this photo. My wife works in import logistics and several vendors have given her several 1/87 model trucks! All are modern except this one. It is a Mercedes, does anyone now how old?

Attachments

• p1010358jpg.jpg
    p1010358jpg.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 145

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
As a little bonus, here is a shot of another unit Blake is working on. Whenever Blake is near completion of HO locos, they get brought over for a trial spin. Pretty cool, huh?

Attachments

• p1010359jpg.jpg
    p1010359jpg.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 141

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I'll 2nd that Mike!

I really admire the work you Steam Guru's keep posting!

I think there are too many moving parts for the LPBs on the Paulsen-Knudsen line. I can't even get them to care for a little diesel switcher. I might have to "recycle" them and start over....

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Dang Casey, sure wish I could take credit for the paint jobs on these locos but they are the work of Blake. He had done an Erie berk for me awhile back, I guess Marty saw the shots I posted and asked Blake to do his as well. Blake brought it over to make sure it was running well and of course we had to pose them.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Gary, these locos are really fantastic! The weathering is as perfect as it can get. And I'm sure that Marty's engine will get its share of dirt and grime, too! :D

Concerning the truck: If memory serves me right, this 'Schenker' truck is (was) a moving van of a Swiss trucker firm, stationed in Olten - a few miles from my home. Below the Schenker name it says 'Internationale Transporte', i.e. International Transports. (See, German is not that different from English ;) )

Today the color scheme is quite different, but I would place this truck in the 1955-1965 era. Hope this helps a bit. BTW: Can you read the license plate of the model?

Ron

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Hi Ron, As soon as I saw your name on the post I figured I was going to get an answer about the truck. If indeed it is possible that the truck may have existed in 1955, that is good enough for me to go ahead and use it. I hope to remove all lettering except Schenker Co., and rewrite history so that they were a competitor of Railway Express, at least in the east. Thought I'd send a photo of it after altering and in an appropriate setting to the salesman who gave it to my wife.

Thanks for the info!

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Ray asked for more, so here is one I took as a "waste" shot. I thought the angle would be a good one, and it is, but when I finish the area there will be a building where the camera is. You can see where the walls will be, marked in black magic marker. I think this would look good if it were an open field, hmmm.

Attachments

• p1010354jpg.jpg
    p1010354jpg.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 37

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
If you model a building that is removable and also model a reemovable open field with the same footprint, you could remove the building and install the field for photographic purposes. A little ground foam grass sprinkled around the edges of the field wuold hide the joint when photographing.