Do you watch the eBay HO Category?

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Is anyone tired of seeing the seller who offers the train collectors software a gazillion times at the "buy it now" price of $9.95

What gets me is that he has to list the same item 15 times in row, what a pain this guy is...

DOG

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Hey thats me Nah just kidding :D it would make more sense for him to put a few every so often. I don't deny anyone the right to make money. By the way he's over on the N scale side as well.
How does everyone keep track of their stuff?

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Paper I have a vague recollection of such a thing it was made during the stone ages right! There was talk of a pen or pencil thingy too I dont know if that invention ever came to fruition. Palm pilot and stylus are the NOW thing.:D :D ;)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I just tax what few brain cells I have leftover from all those medicinal herbs and spices I overindulged in back in the 70s. Lessee uh...1....2...3....DOING! (brain cells dancing) INNAGADDADAVIDA BABY!!!!!...uh, 4 or was that 5?...awww, nuts....

Tad

Apr 8, 2003
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
I use Car Card Generator 3.41. It is an Access databse. It has a nice inventory and roster feature. It also makes nice Car Cards & Waybills for Operations.

And it's free to download. :cool:

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
I am sick of software and computers. I am in the business and have learned that when things were simple, life was better. I don't bother to keep track of my train stuff. Who cares, I buy because I like it. I run it, enjoy looking at it and displaying it. Remember, we're just renting the stuff and "own" nothing, as our stuff will be sold by our children or stay in the family.

Anyway, remember when life was simple, for example:

1. How many of you stopped at a gas station to use a pay phone?
Cell phones are nauseating. I do everything possible to avoid using mine.

2. Remember full service at the Gas Station where the kid came out to check your oil, radiator and wipe down the windows?

3. Voice mail totally sucks. After about 9 years at my company I finally capitulated and installed one of those systems. I still try to have an "operator" or a real live human being available for someone to talk to.

4. Although I have known of this for quite awhile, when I needed to call Quicken Software, I ended up with a customer service representative who was in New Deli India! I couldn't understand a freakin word she was saying.

5. What happened to just having a cup of coffee? Now its a "double tall carmel machiato light wip" or a "grande triple shot latte with extra foam and two extra pumps of Vanilla". That will be $4.00. Right. Give me a cup of coffee and a damn donut. And I ain't talkin' Krispy Kreme. Just a stinkin' donut.

About the only changes that are good are some of the train hobby products available to modelers today. The locos run better, they sound great (if you have sound), DCC is awesome, the rolling stock options are endless, and even the brass is superior in operation and detail today - take a look at a W&R GN 2-8-2 and then run it, you'll know what I mean.

DOG

Attachments

• scooter 2.jpg
    scooter 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 154

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Hey Rich, he looks like a Neopolitan Mastiff, like the one in the movie Turner and Hooch.

Are sure he doesn't have any pitbull in him?

And, when are you going to get me some of those pre-1940 beautiful weather cars?

DOG

rdivizio

Dec 28, 2003
www.modeltrainsweathered.com
Oh, about those Pre 40 cars.

Have not tried any yet.

Those would be really rusty by now, heheheheheh

or are they wood mostly?

Anyway, I will start looking around to see if one catches my eye.

Rich

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Originally posted by Flangehead
I look at ebay now and then, usually for a laugh.
I use the grey matter method of keeping track of what I own.
I like it that way because I will occasionally forget about a piece of rolling stuck and then rediscover it, which makes me appreciate it once more. Just hope my drive doesn't crash!

Sounds like a lot more fun than knowing you have it and not being able to find it!