Do you watch the eBay HO Category?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Mastiffdog, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Mastiffdog

Mastiffdog Member

Is anyone tired of seeing the seller who offers the train collectors software a gazillion times at the "buy it now" price of $9.95

What gets me is that he has to list the same item 15 times in row, what a pain this guy is...

2. belg

belg Member

Hey thats me Nah just kidding :D it would make more sense for him to put a few every so often. I don't deny anyone the right to make money. By the way he's over on the N scale side as well.
    How does everyone keep track of their stuff?
  3. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Excel (it helps that I'm a whiz at it).
  4. Pete

Pete Member

I keep track of my stuff in a notebook.
    The kind with paper, if anyone remembers those...

5. belg

belg Member

Paper I have a vague recollection of such a thing it was made during the stone ages right! There was talk of a pen or pencil thingy too I dont know if that invention ever came to fruition. Palm pilot and stylus are the NOW thing.:D :D ;)
  6. brakie

brakie Active Member

Paper,Pens,Pencils??? Oh! Yeah! Yeah,I recall seeing those in museums.People really use those? WOW!
  7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I just tax what few brain cells I have leftover from all those medicinal herbs and spices I overindulged in back in the 70s. Lessee uh...1....2...3....DOING! (brain cells dancing) INNAGADDADAVIDA BABY!!!!!...uh, 4 or was that 5?...awww, nuts....
  8. Tad

Tad Member

I use Car Card Generator 3.41. It is an Access databse. It has a nice inventory and roster feature. It also makes nice Car Cards & Waybills for Operations.

And it's free to download. :cool:
  9. Mastiffdog

Mastiffdog Member

I am sick of software and computers. I am in the business and have learned that when things were simple, life was better. I don't bother to keep track of my train stuff. Who cares, I buy because I like it. I run it, enjoy looking at it and displaying it. Remember, we're just renting the stuff and "own" nothing, as our stuff will be sold by our children or stay in the family.

Anyway, remember when life was simple, for example:

1. How many of you stopped at a gas station to use a pay phone?
    Cell phones are nauseating. I do everything possible to avoid using mine.

2. Remember full service at the Gas Station where the kid came out to check your oil, radiator and wipe down the windows?

3. Voice mail totally sucks. After about 9 years at my company I finally capitulated and installed one of those systems. I still try to have an "operator" or a real live human being available for someone to talk to.

4. Although I have known of this for quite awhile, when I needed to call Quicken Software, I ended up with a customer service representative who was in New Deli India! I couldn't understand a freakin word she was saying.

5. What happened to just having a cup of coffee? Now its a "double tall carmel machiato light wip" or a "grande triple shot latte with extra foam and two extra pumps of Vanilla". That will be $4.00. Right. Give me a cup of coffee and a damn donut. And I ain't talkin' Krispy Kreme. Just a stinkin' donut.

About the only changes that are good are some of the train hobby products available to modelers today. The locos run better, they sound great (if you have sound), DCC is awesome, the rolling stock options are endless, and even the brass is superior in operation and detail today - take a look at a W&R GN 2-8-2 and then run it, you'll know what I mean.

Attached Files:

10. rdivizio

rdivizio Member

Here's my Brother's Dog.

He is a French Mastiff.

I love him, He's GREAT!

Attached Files:

11. rdivizio

rdivizio Member

Sarge Again

Attached Files:

12. Mastiffdog

Mastiffdog Member

Hey Rich, he looks like a Neopolitan Mastiff, like the one in the movie Turner and Hooch.

Are sure he doesn't have any pitbull in him?

And, when are you going to get me some of those pre-1940 beautiful weather cars?

13. rdivizio

rdivizio Member

Nope, It's a French Mastiff also known as
    Dogue de Bordeaux

Here is a NEO

Attached Files:

14. rdivizio

rdivizio Member

Oh, about those Pre 40 cars.

Have not tried any yet.

Those would be really rusty by now, heheheheheh

or are they wood mostly?

Anyway, I will start looking around to see if one catches my eye.

15. coachsig

coachsig Member

Do you have a website address to download from?
  16. Tad

Tad Member

17. Flangehead

Flangehead Member

I look at ebay now and then, usually for a laugh.
    I use the grey matter method of keeping track of what I own.
    I like it that way because I will occasionally forget about a piece of rolling stuck and then rediscover it, which makes me appreciate it once more. Just hope my drive doesn't crash!
  18. billk

billk Active Member

Sounds like a lot more fun than knowing you have it and not being able to find it!
  19. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

No Need!

I needn't bother at all. Everything fits into my small 3-track yard...with room to spare. :D