Do you now what a Velocipede is?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by interurban, Sep 19, 2005.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

When on vacation in Vancouver we had a morning to visit the town Langley
    And there is a wonderful CN station that has found a home there.

ANYWAY :p

A Velocipede is what you see here.
    Made in England 1885 :thumb:

William Gosling.

This one was owned by the C P R and was used between Canmore and Medicine Hat :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attached Files:

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's cool. I assume that as one gets some experience, they take off the training wheel...:D:D
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

There is a bright yellow one at the Smiths Falls Railway Museum in Eastern Ontario. Unfortunately, they do not have a picture of it on the web site, but they do have two functional handcars and a speeder too.

4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

"Training wheel"!!?? ROFLMAO..........first, you have to be good enough to get the chain off!!! :D :D :D
  5. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

I only have to go about 1km to see a 3 wheeled velocipede, it is bright yellow as well Andrew.

The Huntsville Lake of Bays Railway have one on display.

Look under "The Collection"
  6. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Some things really are international - like this velocipede!

I remember the rides I took as a kid with such a thing on the station where my granddad was station master. Here it was called a 'Draisine'.

Granddad allowed my to ride it, only when there was no train around - and boy, did he make sure that the turnouts weren't set for the main line! So I shuttled forth and back on the second station track and a siding leading to a freight house. I still know that I had to apply all my strength to get this thing rolling - but then again it almost was as hard to slow down again!

I haven't seen such a vehicle in years. Thanks for bringing back sweet memories of the past! :wave:

7. interurban

interurban Active Member

You are welcome Ron.
    Boy o boy you must be the only guy I know to have rode one :D :D :D :D
    You are showing your age :eek: :thumb: :rolleyes: ;)