do you celebrate Holloween in your train room?

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
My first question is why? Why go to the expense? I see on other forums and in the catalogs many of us do, at least in O Ga.

Christmas I understand ,but why tricker or treat?

In recent years it has become a huge holiday for adults more so than children. Look in the stores at the wealth of out side decorations and paty favors. Like wise in the past so many years, out side decorations have sky rocketed at Christmas, I think all that is wonderful.
But again, why tricker treat and trains, I am ignorant here?
Share your joy with me please.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Hey BB,
My basement trainroom is filled with cobwebs, spiders, rats, creepy crawlies, and other spooky, scary stuff. My layout has a graveyard and my basement may even be haunted 'cause things seem to always disappear (at least I can't find them). Am I celebrating Halloween? No, it's like this every day of the year.
Doc

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i allways thought theming for holidays is cool, halloween is the easiest thing to theme for, other than x-mas.

the new marx remakes do include some holiday sets, but i havn't really bought any of them yet.... i just prefer sticking to trying to collect all the old ones first. as for the rest of the theming, i don't quite have enough guests viewing my platform during the month of october to make it worth while, nore do i have the money to do anything elaborate that will get attention online... however, during x-mas i put on x-mas trees and the rest of the typical vintage items that go alone, such as the lead figure skaters

http://www.marxtrains.com/Images/creepy1.jpg
http://www.marxtrains.com/Images/6508 prod.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Gee..Once a year Better-Half make me hang lights on the house for Xmas.
Doing it twice a year..Forget it! Besides I get scared every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va

icon1.gif

It's the only time of the year that you can put that "haunted house" kit on your layout.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

well so is easter but ???

Do you let the kids in the hood come down to the basement and see it? or do you have a one man party?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
If I want something scary in my train room, I pull out my Tyco 2-8-2 painted in Conrail blue. :eek: Scares me every time. :thumb:

Attachments

• pumpkin.jpg
    pumpkin.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 45

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Gil Finn said:
It's the only time of the year that you can put that "haunted house" kit on your layout.

well so is easter but ???

Do you let the kids in the hood come down to the basement and see it? or do you have a one man party?
Haunted houses on Easter? I'm not even going to touch that one. :D :D :D :D

I don't have the "Haunted House" kit. I guess that if you wanted to you could turn any house into a haunted house. ;)

As for the kids in the hood, I'm a little too rural to have much of a hood. I think I've had 1 trick or treater in the last 5 or 6 years. I always try to prepare for them though. :)