Disaster on Eagle Mountain

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
MSH, While we're on the subject of birds and animals....just wondering how Olive is doing on learning to ride the train?? Has she learned to "duck" yet for the tunnel??:)

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Guys and Gals, I took no offense either but I must state that I agree whole heartedly with what MSH has said about the treatment of animals. I've even made some posts about how to keep cats off the layout using electricty but they were made in fun and were intended only as "cat humor"!

Please all remember that regardless of whatever higher power we may subscribe to we are the stewards of the creatures of this Earth and that they are a gift to us.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Originally posted by kettlestack
By the way, now that a big puddykat has created potential foundations you might consider puting a building up right there! :D :D

Errol

Actually, now that "Casey" sent me a great plan for a sawmill, I may modify it to be a mining "outbuilding" and do just that (put it where the hole is).

A further update on the cat situation is that the offender is not the neighbor's cat but seems to be an abandoned cat as nobody in the general area recognizes it. The good news is that I don't have to be mad at my neighbor. The bad news is my cat has adopted it and they now go and do everything together (eat, sleep, terrorize the neighbor's dog, make footprints on my truck, scratch the bark off the trees, etc...). In light of this terrible lapse of sanity on his part, he is now banned from the layout area without supervision, as his "girlfriend" sees no reason why she can't just get up on the thing and chew on all the little plastic people... If she keeps this up, I'm going to need plans for a little plastic morgue...:( :p
I used to have a similar problem with another cat I had 15 years ago. I attached a relay to a motion detector that covered the layout area. Whenever the motion detector went off, it turned on a "white noise" generator which was fed into a small audio amplifier attached to a cheap speaker. Every time the cat got too close to the layout, he would hear the worlds biggest "hiss" and hightail it out of there. For a few hours after that, he would peek into the room looking for that 300 pound Puma that hissed at him...:eek: :D :p

Tom F

PS: Hey Bonkmeister, as I always do when I attempt to clarify an outburst, don't forget to put a nickel in the "Doc's" can... (with appologies to the late great Charles Shultz...);)

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Personally, after I have a bad day, I think there should be a forum for therapy--it would make me feel better and save a lot of money:D
The moderator could even dispense prescriptions:
"Buy some new rolling stock and log in in the morning..."
Yep, works for me...;)

Attachments

• help5cents.gif
    help5cents.gif
    7 KB · Views: 60

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Tom,

What a great Idea!:) :) Who's better half can argue with the counselling given to improve ones mind and disposition. That also could be that basis for a bashed structure on the layout. That way I could go there without having to come upstairs!:) :)

Let's see, wiring this weekend, build a counselling building, order my "prescription" .....:)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
And you think you have problems with cats, this little beauty ain't even my dog:D
badgercreekd.jpg

Shamus

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
The comments on little plastic men reminded me of what can happen to you if you happen to be a green army man and get on the bad side of a Giant Killer Chihuahua! Immagine the discrace of getting dead, beheaded, befooted, and finally you get a new (_!_) crack!

Attachments

• gam.jpg
    gam.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 50