Diesel railfanning on my layout

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
And finally, four SD45s with a unit train of...WHAT THE!!??!!... :eek:
I guess a day of inhaling diesel fumes has gotten to me! You'd never believe what I thought I saw. :) Val, I might have worked out the perfect consist for delivering steel to your layout that is set some 15-20 years earlier than mine!

That's all folks! Thanks for coming along :wave:
Ralph

Attachments

• fan9.jpg
    fan9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 79

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
I dont think the PC could keep a steamer running for more then five feet before some important part falls off. :p

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Ralph said:
That's a great idea! I could make a little sign at the bottom of the stairs. :D Actually taking pics is good for me to see things objectively. I tend to go by the principle of "good enough" and felt the yard office met that criteria...now after seeing it in pics I plan to improve or completely replace it.
Ralph

:D :D :D :D Now ya owe me one!! When I post pics - I expect to hear some good suggestions!! .. :D Like I already dont get way too many :D :D

Pictures help you focus & concentrate on a certain area.... If you take pics & look at them later - you wll almost always see the "Room for Improvement" :)

It's still a great job!!!!!!! :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Another day, another round of action (ie. I took another roll of film :) )

Starting off for today we see a GP20 still in NYC livery appropriately enough pulling a string of NYC box cars. Some other changes of note: The Kings Port yard has been renamed "Williams Yard" (in honor of my Uncle Bill who sent me his HO trains years ago. The yard office now has an outside stair rail and a door on the second floor! :)

Attachments

• fan1.jpg
    fan1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 23

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
How lucky are we!?! A fan trip on an old Doodlebug!!!! (I like to run this thing occasionally and tend to use it as the train for young kids who visit since they can change direction and speed without derailing a string of cars)

Attachments

• fan4.jpg
    fan4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 17