Dick Rasmussen What gauge or size?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Dick Rasmussen, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Dick Rasmussen

Dick Rasmussen New Member

Here I am again. Does anyone have a chart , print, list,or simple explanation of the MANY different sizes of model trains?. I.m looking for what I think is the garden size models. I don't necessarily want to ride on it.Then again I,m new at this and may decide otherwise. Anyway I'm looking for plans, blueprints, for a locomotive of , I think the garden size model. Anyone got info or a print, plans they want to share or sell (at a very reasonable price). I'm hoping to do this from scratch. I'll take all the help I can get!!! I have a small machine shop at my disposal (Basement) and that was my occupation,machine work that is, not basements. Thanx Dick R.:confused:
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

3. Dick Rasmussen

Dick Rasmussen New Member

Thanx Pete. Good idea, I do subscribe to Live Steam now and have a couple of back issues. Didn't find anything in those two issues, I'll try the people at Live Steam and see what they have.
  4. KCS

KCS Member

well to say large scale and live steam are two different things. large scale "1/29" is great for running outside and only requires a back yard of almost any size. now live steam is a whole other subject. live steam take's alot of land because of it's large size and most locomotives in this scale have a basic weight of 600lbs to 1500lbs as to "G" scale locomotives weight only about 15lbs to 30lbs. "G" scale is around 1/29 and live steam is around 1/8 in which case you can ride on! lol