Dedicated to Shamus

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by mrgooch, Jun 9, 2002.

1. mrgooch

mrgooch Member

I have been truly inspired by your work. There is no one better.

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's a really great oicture, mrgooch!
    Was that taken on your layout?
  3. mrgooch

mrgooch Member

Hello Charlie

Yes it was. Just after the bridge behind the ridge. The camera was positioned at the back looking to the right.
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Great Shot

What a shot!!!....There was one almost like it in the movie Emporer of the North. GREAT!!!! Sure you don't work for George Lucas????:D :D
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Congrats mrgooch, very dramatic shot! :cool: And I agree with your sentiments regards Shamus. He sets the bar high and though I'll never get there it's a pleasure trying!
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

mrgooch,
    You could publish that picture as an advertisement, with the caption..."Here's what you can do with N scale!"
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hey mrgooch, thanks for the compliment, your photo is excellent along with the scenery. Try your next photo with the camera sat on the tracks but place a 1/2" thick book under it first. If your loco has working lights, try this. Behind the loco and out of sight place a small needle into the kadee and into the roadbed to hold the loco still. Turn up the throttle slowly and get the headlight on, then take your photo.
    Just a thought, I do that quit often.
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
  8. mrgooch

mrgooch Member

Thanks

I thank you all for the appreciation. You can be sure that everyone has an impact on someone else just by joining the forum.
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

mrgooch,
    May I pitch a tent, and camp out for a while at the place where you took that picture? I promise not to leave any empty scotch bottles laying around. Nice shot!!
    Concerning Shamus, I concur, wholeheartedly!

Charlie,
    In another thread, which shall go unnamed, you mentioned Shamus and I in the same sentence. While I am honored by the mention, I still must defer to the better modeler. Shamus does set the bar.

Shamus,
    You can teach an old dog new tricks, I may be slow, but I am learning. The longer you can continue to raise the bar each time I manage to catch up, the happier I'll be.
    Pete
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Pete my friend, I'll drink to that:D

[​IMG]
  11. That's a very dramatic shot, mrgooch. Well done !

I like your scenery and backdrop very much. They really work together in this picture to "set the stage" for the lokie's entrance.