Dave....? Are you awake.....? Dave... ? ( A little bit of fun to pass a rainy day..)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
I was awoken from my slumber this morning by a very grumpy Hal 9000 ....

I looked into his bleary red eye, ( I think he had been on the silicon cocktails last night.......:cry:) and listened carefully to his story, as he explained to me, that he was feeling a little disappointed in how long it was taking to build the Discovery...... (He is very excited about his upcoming new home.... it makes him sing all the time.....: "Daisy... Daisy....." :rolleyes:)

He explained that he was feeling like a vagabond, with no home.........

So, I hurriedly offered a temporary compromise: A temporary home, that he can use to get around a bit more, get out of the house and see a bit more of the world........I get a bit worried when HAL is in a bad mood....(We all know what HAL can get like when he is a little upset......:evil: )

So, I went down stairs, and thinking to myself that this little distraction would also help to eliminate the boredom of building 60 module for the spine of the Discovery, I started on the build process of HAL's new 'home,' while he watched me critically over my shoulder......

So, I cut out and prepared all the components....

IMG-20120603-00374.jpg

Started on the legs.... I put a strip of masking tape to tighten up the swivel joints a bit more. This should help HAL from falling over when he is walking home from the pub....

IMG-20120603-00406.jpg

Half way there ....... On the last leg.... So to speak.....
(You can also see part of the building site from the Discovery, in the background...)

IMG-20120603-00401.jpg

I finished it off and presented it to HAL, who excitedly moved in straight away.

I offered to take some pictures to commemorate the event.... He was a little shy at first...

IMG-20120603-00422.jpg

But, when I told him I will be doing some more construction on the Discovery tonight; He was WELL happy!!

IMG-20120603-00428.jpg

:thumb::wave:

N

niebla de fuego

That's great! :D
In the last photo he almost looks like dancing.