D&W Rocks

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jlg759, Jul 1, 2003.

1. jlg759

jlg759 Member

Here are my new rocks on my layout
  2. jlg759

jlg759 Member

Rocks On the D&W

I am using the woodland scenics rock coloring system and having problems with the stain going into some of the white plaster. What can I do to fix this problem ???
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

HEY! Welcome to the Gauge. Those are great looking rocks. How about some pictures of you layout?
  4. CN1

CN1 Active Member

The problem is?

(a) It's going into the plaster
    (b) It's not going into the plaster?

If you want it to go in the plaster, diluted the paint/stain with water. Experiment a bit and you'll find the correct ratio water-paint. For me it's about 4-1 (4 part water for 1 part paint)

If you don't want it to go in the plaster, than it's the opposite. Make sure the paint/stain is not dilluted. That way it will cover the plaster but will not soak in.
  5. CN1

CN1 Active Member

By the way, those are nice looking rocks! Very nice
  6. McFortner

McFortner Member

WOW!!! Those look very realistic to me. I love the lighter lines through the darker parts. It looks like the veins in granite that we see down here. Having ridden I70 through Colorado, I can safely say those look very prototypical! Keep up the good work. Oh, and when can you come over to do some for my layout? ;) ;) ;) ;)

7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

I don't use plaster so I can't help you on that, but regardless those rocks look darn good to me! :cool:
  8. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I'm guessing you want more uniform color but I think the rock walls in the pictures look great as they are!