D-Day The 6th of June......

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Most of you know, by now, I am an Historian, both of The Baldwin Locomotive Works, in Eddystone.......

.... and of WWII....

Therefore, I submit for your perusal:

Order of the Day audio

6 June, 1944 Order of The Day.... The Prelude of the Normandy Invasion.....
This one has a sound file at the bottom of the page.....

......... We Will Never Forget......​

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
amen to that,these men did more for our country than any of us probably ever will.god bless everyone who fought for our country or are fighting for our country.god bless you all and you will always be remembered...

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Thanks for that Mikey

God Bless all the brave men and woman who were killed and wounded on this tragic day, you will never be forgoten for your heroics and bravery.

Also I would like to thank all our troops who are serving in Iraq right now. God Bless you all. We miss you and pray for all your safe home commings.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Lest we forget.

And thank you to the veterans living and dead for the sacrifices that were made. Not only of their lives (in many cases) but also of their health and innocence.

Chaparral

Feb 5, 2007
Calgary Alberta
It may be somewhat inappropriate to have a favorite war movie but, 'The Longest Day' is my reminder of the merciless violence and horror man can deliver upon others.

There are no braver than those who put their lives at risk at war, and our gratitude and remembrance is cold comfort for their sacrifice.

We shall not forget them, nor shall we allow the dimming of their memory, ever.