D. Allison Michinest

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Try this again:
Sorry it won't let me post at 60,000.
Kit-bashed from Bachman's little red school house, it takes two.
I think that is Mr. Allison in the door way and that may be a keg of Kentucky finest on the truck dock! Great little kit-bash and there is room for a couple of box cars in the back of the building. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• allison1.jpg
    allison1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 197

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Aw gosh Jim...that's just about the nicest thing I've ever seen!
You are a true artist, my friend!
(Not to mention, a true Ky gentleman!)
What say we tap that keg & sit fer a spell?
:D ;) :cool: :cool: :) :D

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
"J" to quote Jon "FANTABALISTIC" I've looked at that school kit and passed over it many times, could not see any practical uses for it. Wow, you sure opened my eyes. Love the brick work, any secrets you could pass on?

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
The kit cost 2.65 at Model Expo as they are giving up on trains (other good buys also), at that price I will try anything. I used 2 kits on this project, the back has a addition also. Be sure to square and GLUE it as it is a snap model. I weather everything I do, on this I used alc. & india ink. Once light and when dry another heavy one here and there. Then I used weathering chalks from Docs. I made the roof on the two story on cardstock and the puter. Like I said at that price you could build a large complex cheap. Add a few things from the scrap box and bingo a desent new business. Never-NEVER pass up a bargain, it may just surprise you and your imagination! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I built one of those schoolhouse kits so I can see what you've done. It take talant to be able to transform things like that. Great stuff, I'm always pleased to see what can be done beyond the normal.

Don

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A model well made Jim. The creeper is a very nice touch. Weathering looks really good.
If you use the browse feature, the size of a photo you can post is 640 by 480 pixels. If you have your photo stored at a webpage the you can click on "IMG" above the post window and put in the address of the photo which can be of any size. You can also use that feature to post more than one photo in the same post.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
I have tried the 640X480 and at below 70,000 bytes and it still will not accept the pictures. If you notice the pictures I posted are below 450 and at 57,000 bytes before it would accept them, thus losing most of the features needed. The setting allowed would be fine for posting if it would take it. Been doing this for years and this is the only place I have problems like that. I dunno! hehe :rolleyes: ;)

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
That structure looks terrific. It is especially interesting to see somebody "thinking outside the box" when it comes to kits. A good kitbash goes a long way towards individual-izing a layout. Great work. --Stu--

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow Jim - great kitbash, super weathering - I love it!!!!!!

Sometimes when I'm posting an image, even though it's the correct size, if I've saved it at medium or better quality I get the image size is too large message too. Could this be what is happening with your images?

cheers
Val