Cylon Centurion Rifle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Aug 15, 2015.

1. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

A pipe is solid. A hose is flexible.
    I'm glad that my pipe is solid, when I smoke it.
    And I'm glad my hose, is not always flexible, when I need to use it ......;):)
  2. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  4. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

I wouldn't recommend it, I burned a hole in a wall by amping up a helium pump laser back in 1989. these new ones can light matches if you simply eliminate the a few resistors. fire hazard and blindness hazard. just use a neon led with focusing lenses to make a beam, you won't regret it.

[but safety first]
  5. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

@DanBKing : Please, please re-read post #20 of this thread. This is not life, this is where I live... :boat::boat::boat:
  6. Revell-Fan

Alright, the "hoses" have arrived..! :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Sanginus and DanBKing like this.
  7. Revell-Fan

Tube #1 is 45 cm long with a 4 cm diameter, tube #2 10 cm with a 5 cm diameter. The longer one will become the barrel, the smaller one will become the end piece of the muzzle. The tubes are clear, the wrinkles you see are caused by the protective wrapping which will be removed later. The smaller one had to be shortened a bit with a dremel. To achieve a good result I had wrapped some masking tape around the middle.

Then I added some pencil spots around it using a ruler.

Two more masking tape stripes were attached at both sides of the marks, leaving a small alignment channel for the dremel cutting tool.

The parts were separated.

And another run because I had taken the wrong measurements..! ;)

The electronic components are somewhat of an experiment. I don't know if it works so wish me luck, please! :)
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Sanginus likes this.
  8. starbuck

starbuck Active Member

Good luck - hope it will work.
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  9. Revell-Fan

A short glimpse at the innards of the toy. It is powered with 4.5 V. The plan is to replace the motor in the middle with a 4-LED-chase light and the green LEDs in the muzzle with white ones.

Sanginus, cylongirl and starbuck like this.
  10. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Innovation....! Love it.....! :)