Crysis Nanosuit

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by paulhbell, Jan 29, 2013.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Attached Files:

2. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

That's an impressive build so far Paul,I've seen several figures available that I would like a go at but I don't think I'm up to them yet.My son is into various games and it would be nice to do some of the figures for him.Maybe your build will inspire me to have a go.
  3. cadeus

cadeus New Member

Any more progress on this one? It was looking really good! :)
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Sorry for not updating this build lately.

Yes more work has been done, I will put another photo up in a while.
  5. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Hey Paul, I like the Avatar!!!!
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Thanks zathros, just picked one from the ones already online, better than the last one.

I've got computer issues at the moment, on a old borrowed laptop at the moment. I'll put a new photo up tomorrow.
  7. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

This Nanosuit is awesome, and your build of it is impeccable. Nice to be taking to you my friend! :)
  8. Jaqarll

Jaqarll New Member

I really like the textures of your suit.
  9. Ikoth

Ikoth New Member

I concur. Are you using standard smooth white card for this, or something textured?

10. Rogerio Silva

Rogerio Silva Active Member

Hey, nice building! Already subscribed to the thread, that's one in my TO DO list.
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Hi guys. Still have computer issues, no photos yet, sorry.

It's actually copy paper, I use this type of paper for all my figure models, gives better curves than thicker card.

Don't forget this isn't a design of mine, it's available for free from papereplica.
  12. Rogerio Silva

Sorry, did you write you're using standard 75-90gsm paper? A4? REALLY?
  13. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Yep, 80 gsm A4, I find that the paper is better for forming arms, legs, head etc. Also using thinner paper/card means I don't have to colour the paper edges, as you can see in the photo of the head, the seams are only just visable.
  14. Rogerio Silva

Don't you think the model will be more suscetible to sagging? A lot less stiffer too...:confused:
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Not really, I stuffed the legs and body with shredded paper.
  16. Rogerio Silva

Hmmmmm... and YEAH!!!

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh...:thumb: The old stuffing-the-legs-and-body-with-shredded-paper trick...:mrgreen::cool: Now I've got it!:twisted: