Cost????

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
MY CFO ( wife ) would like a new flower box, How do i go about getting an old slag car.... Old Wheel barrows, toilets, you name it, if you can slep dirt in it, its a flower box - lol

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
hooknlad said:
Howdy again all -I have this friend who is a broker of old Loco engines - Depending on the research and condition of the Unit, He pays anywhere from $20 k to $30 k each. He throws a simple paint job on them with his logo, has a 3rd party do maintenance on them, then leases them out to small distribution yards for $4k a month.. He currently has 10 of these leases in operation, and about 8 Track Mobiles. I was asked if I want in on his very profitable Railroad Empire. Once I move to Iowa, My CFO ( wife) will Ok the deal. So RR tycooning here I come..
Great Question Rick !!!!

Be sure to put the 'The Gauge' Logo on one of the engines!:D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
UP SD40-2 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: ROFL!!!!!sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 CRIPES!, i thank you for the comment:thumb:, but i AM FAR FROM RICH ENOUGH TO GET AN ENGINEsign1. Sure, i am VERY FORTUNATE to have a GOOD JOB:thumb:, but truth is, i don't even own a house:eek:ops:, heck, i am just renting a small 2 Bdrm apartment and my son lives with me full time. BUT HEY, CNWman, i WOULD LOVE to have a UP SD70ACe!!!:D:D:D MANY things can be taken away from us, but they cant take our dreams;). THANKS!, again for the comment CNWman:thumb:. :D -Deano

Then live in the engine:D

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
With the Blessings of the Congregation of THE GAUGE, i will do just that !!!! My CFO (wife) even offered a section of Gauge on the new property with a old caboose to be placed on it. I had emailed her an article regarding what someone did, and the costs incurred to undertake such an endeavor... That would be my rail office and retreat area. You bet that there will be a a nice loop or 2 around the top of the boxcar with a nice G scale setup, featuring my "model" caboose and " model " engines.
Heck if I get enuff members interested, We could have several "Shortlines" running in the Midwest and Ill leave my Partner in the Eastcoast..
HMMMM - sounds like the beginning of another thread. - lol