Copper Ridge Mine...sorta

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by roryglasgow, May 22, 2002.

1. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

For the 3-D scene I posted in the N-scale forum, I stuck a couple of pieces from a Walthers service facility together and leaned them against a hillside to create a makeshift mining complex.

Does this qualify as a kitbash? :)

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

The mine qualifies as a kit bash in progress. On the other hand those ore cars qualify as "kit trash"! :D
  3. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Nah, those little ore cars are one of the highlights of the layout as far as I'm concerned! The combine has become my favorite piece of rolling stock--partly 'cause it's got my wife's name on it!

Thanks again, Tyson! :)
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

My pleasure friend! :)
  5. WVRR

WVRR Member

Looks like your copper ridge is coming along nicely. I love those ore jimmy's. They look cool, and you can have tons of them behind a loco at a time. I'd say that your mine would classify as kitbashing. Well done
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hi Rory!
    Kitbash, kit-trash, or whatever you want to call it, all I can say for sure is ...that'a going to be one FANTASTIC looking layout when you get that scenery going...that rugged terrain (rugged train, too :D sorry, very bad, I know) is too cool !
  7. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

On a related note, I think I figured out why we first start scratchbuilding.

I've been looking for a more modern coal mine for my layout, and just haven't been happy with anything I've found in a kit. Closest has been Alpine/Suyban's Wyoming, but it's made of metal, and seemingly to me not worth the trouble.

So, what's left ??? Yep, kitbashing and scratchbuilding.