Conversion of JSC-HMS Lion 1:250 to 1:400 possible?

carlolomjo

May 31, 2009
Hey just want to ask the experts if I may be able to convert my JSC261-HMS Lion kit from 1:250 to 1:400 by scanning and resizing the images then printing it? Will it be possible to build the kit if it were shrunk to nearly 50% in size for that scale?

Thanks.

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
The answer is most definitely.

I did the opposite on my 1/100 Arizona that is dispayed in this forum. It was designed to 1/250 so I increased the print out to 250% zoom. Everything fit like a glove, and the print clarity was surprisingly good at the upscale.

I can only imagine going down will be easier, but you might lose some clarity of printed details...

Just my two cents.

BTW, you'll want to use a 62.5% zoom reduction to get that 1/400 scale precise.

carlolomjo

May 31, 2009
Thanks. I'm just a little worried coz I'm not really an experienced modeler and I might have trouble assembling a kit shrunk to 62.5% and I'm a little fuzzt on this JSC hull design coz I'm used to their egg box method.

Longshaor

May 11, 2007
State of Denial
One piece of advice, don't use the reduction feature on a photocopier. Something involving the prisms in copiers causes the image to be distorted in one axis or the other. Hope this helps!

carlolomjo

May 31, 2009
Thanks. What I did was I scanned all the pages of the parts and used Adobe Photoshop to resize the image using the 1:400 Prinz Eugen(which is just 3 ft. shorter than Lion) for reference and printed it. Some parts really look small but I think I can manage with enough patience.