Concrete arch bridge

cacmage

Apr 21, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I didn't get much work done on my duckunder bridge this weekend. I built this instead.

It's made mostly out of strips of 1/8" hardboard. The arch was made by bending, glueing, and clamping them to a frame. The supports are 3 pieces glued together and cut to fit. The round detail is made from pieces of wood molding. I filled in the gaps with plaster then primed the whole thing.

I still need to do some detail on the front, and it needs to be painted, but I'm happy with it so far.

bridge5sm.jpg

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by cacmage
I didn't get much work done on my duckunder bridge this weekend. I built this instead.

What do you mean? That arch looks like just the right space to get your head through...

Fanciest duck under I have ever seen! :D:D:D

Nice work!

Andrew

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That is one nice piece of work!!!!! Beautifully done!! It'll be a focal point on your layout. Can't wait to see a pic with a train crossing over the bridge!
Ralph

cacmage

Apr 21, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Here's how I had originally thought of doing the land contours around it. After thinking about it more, I may extend some of the supports lower so I don't need to hide as much of the arch.

bridgescene.jpg

cacmage

Apr 21, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I think I went a little overboard weathering the bridge. I'm definately going to fix or completely re-do the paint job. The camera does a good job of picking up all the little spots I missed. The flash does help get rid of the shadow though. :)

There's still no scenery except the backdrop, I probably won't get started on that for a while. (There's no track going to the bridge yet either)

Thanks everyone for the compliments, it's really helped me keep at it.

p.s. The drawing was done in windows paint.

OverweatheredBridge.jpg