Status
Not open for further replies.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Gil Finn said:
I dont know sometimes why I post on this forum. It never seems to change. The logging section area is DOD and HO aint much better..

By the way the tractors look nice and bright, nice touch Jeff.

Nice sight here:

http://www.choochoobarn.com/

Yeah - we know - some forums are slower than others :(

The Choo Choo barn is a great place - I've been there about 10 times.... I try to go every couple years. :D

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
John, To tell the truth, I wouldn't touch the roadbed. Ballast is for us who pretend to bring a sense of "realism" (however flawed) to our layouts. Yours is in a class of it's own. A dream world we can all escape to, if only through your great pictures...!!!

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
IT is not the posts or even rusty wheels that make them. It is those who set and read and never post, never join and never get it topgether to re-enter model railroading that gets me....and the dead who still read the logging area from the next wolrd.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
IT is not the posts or even rusty wheels that make them. It is those who set and read and never post, never join and never get it topgether to re-enter model railroading that gets me....and the dead who still read the logging area from the next wolrd.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Morning all, was out of here yesterday morning at 5:45 to Fargo for a VA appt. Got shots in my knees and scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on the left one. Stopped by my sons house in Morehead on the way home. He has train tracks running right on the edge of his back yard. Great for him and his girl freind....she plays bass he, guitar and drums....no complains about the noise. While there I watched a coal train heading east go through. 3 engine consist....looked like SD60s, lead engine BN paint, 2nd BSFS colors and the 3rd EMD blue and white. Earlyer I saw a 2engine consist SD70s SF Warbonnet!

Bout 19, his of 30.

Rick

conrailmike

Jan 15, 2007
Highland, MI
Morning everybody. 30 degrees here with some light snow falling, at least it's not below zero! With three weeks of layoff time I think I can find some time to work on trains :) That is after I complete some of the things on the "honey do" list.... Gotta run, have a good day!

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
J sure was. The track it was on runs along US Hwy 10 from Fargo through Staples MN and I think into the Twin Cities. I left my son's place and went down Hwy 10 passing it once before Detroit Lakes where I stopped for coffee. Saw it pass me at the convenience store where it got the coffee and caught up the the engines as it was arriving at Perham where I left Hwy10..was interesting to see.

Rick

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Yesterday we had hail as lare as soft balls and then it snowed followed by 60* afternoon temps.

Last night it dropped to 20* and we awoke to snow but that melted and it is almost 60*

Most plants are up and the rose buds are forming and I can see tiny apples on the trees.

The lake here still has a coating of ice about 9 " think and I decided to ice fish before the projected temp makes it to 80* this afternoon again.

To be sure, it is nice to see the paw paw trees & the red bud out now and the ramps ready for an early harvest.

Up here at Bergo we have odd weather, climatologists marvel at it and study us all the time.

Tomarrow I am going golgfng if the greens have been cut over the winter.

alas4354.jpeg

You all have a nice day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
My blood sugar crashed early this morning to 28. I have it back up to 130 now but still feel like s**t. Sorry I don't have my usual full weather report this morning but my mind is still quite fuzzy. I'm not even sure what day it is.

I'll have a cheese amd mushroom omelet.
cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg

Today's High: 78
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight's Low: 52
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
No one cares about weather , just something to post when you have nothing worth saying, dont worry about it.

Keeep the M&Ms handy bud and take care of your coonass self.:thumb:

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
the pics I promised

Hey guys great weather down here been real nice and giving me time to get stuff done. Hereare some of the pics promised hope to be laying track and rails soon!I hope.
Ive enclosed a few shots of progress and some shots of Debutts yard.
Cant forget My Little Helper, bestbud Ive had in a long time.:)

Something of interests so some people dont complain..
Yall have fun,
Tony

Attachments

• laundryroom.jpg
    laundryroom.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 43
  • mylittlehelper.jpg
    mylittlehelper.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 42
  • trainroom2.jpg
    trainroom2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 42
  • debuttsyardcarshop.jpg
    debuttsyardcarshop.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 41
  • debutts0207egines.jpg
    debutts0207egines.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 42

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I put some HO stuff on ebay under my name of Gil_Finn ( just like that, with the line).

A new C&O tender and also 3 old timey cars suitable for a 4-4-0.

Take a look and email via ebay me a message to see if it shows up yet if you will.

a040_1.JPG

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Hey all,long day at work today no progress going tobe made tonight.

Gil, no I dont believe so atleast none that I've seen.

Rick watch that VA. they just luv that cut and sew stuff,good luck with the surgery.

Yall have fun now,
Tony

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/28/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

High: 74 °F
Low: 61 °F

Today High: 72 Cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. Slight chance of sprinkles in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 62 Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

I want an omelet with all the fixings.

omelet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.