CN derailment

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Will_annand, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks Will. Good thing no one was hurt.

3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It must make the engineer shudder to come around the corner and see something like this. Now when I was a kid, we always rode our bikes on the track bed just beside the track as the grades were perfect for us and in those days, the noise of a steam engine approaching gave us time to get out of the way.
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

When I was a kid, I always walked the tracks to town as it was a short cut. There was a trail
    beside the track but I liked to hop the ties. One day while walking the tracks I must have been daydreaming because suddenly a sharp whistle sounded. The engine was almost on
    top of me. I made a dive for the path and missed and ended up in a large ditch full of water.
    When I came up, I saw the engineer laughing at me as the engine went by.
    I never heard it coming. It must have been coasting. I guess it was good that the engine
    was going very slow.
    from that time on, while walking the ties I kept glancing behine me.
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Glad to hear that no one was hurt in this matter. Let's just hope that this boy learned his lesson about the dangers of walking on railroad tracks.
  6. Will_annand

Took my trust new Fuji E500 down to the Aspidin Road and did some railfanning.

Here is the results:

Attached Files:

7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Great shots Will! Surprised they haven't cleared those out yet.

8. Will_annand

Val, apparently they can't move them until after the insurance company is through.
  9. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great photos Will. Almost takes as long to cleanup as the highway crashes do.