Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Casey Feedwater, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Last month I converted several of my photos of the Central Missouri & Southern and the Osage Valley to duotone black & white. Here are a couple of them.

A Porter pulling a short train of disconnects and logs across Millers Creek.

Attached Files:

2. It's a slow afternoon at the OVT&L's machine shop.

Attached Files:

3. CM&S Shay #1 crossing the trestle on Millers Creek.

Attached Files:

4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great shots Mike!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The B&W gives them character
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Beauts, alluvem.:thumb:
  6. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

neat:thumb: :thumb:
  7. Thanks, guys.

Here's one of the OVT&L's water tank at Huckleberry Ridge

8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Those turned out really nice Casey. They have that historical photo appearance.
  9. Thanks, Ralph.

I converted quite a few photos over several weeks from color (RGB) to "duotone." It was interesting because they each took on that "historical" feel or appearance with the change. As a result, my perception of each changed also.

Drew ("Charlie") has done the same thing from time to time with interesting results. I think he tries to make his look like "old time" snapshots that have faded over the years.
  10. George D

George D Member

Nice pictures and modeling. :thumb: How did you do the stonework on the OVT&L's machine shop?
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Excellent craftsmanship Mike, and the photos are also great, I love to see B/W photos, your stonework is very similar to mine on the Blacksmiths shop. Was it hand carved also.
  12. Thanks, guys.

Believe it or not, the stonework on the machine shop is a Sierra West resin casting. It's one of the few stone wall pieces on my layout that I didn't carve from plaster. Painting it to look like stone wasn't too difficult, but it did take a couple of days (allowing for drying time between coats), so it actually took about the same amount of time as carving one of my own.
  13. Here is another photo I converted.

CM&S Shay #1 exiting Tunnel #1 along Millers Creek.

Attached Files:

14. And here is one of OVT&L's pipe and tool car outside the machine shop.

Attached Files:

15. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

That Casey has us all fooled.

C'mon now Mike, taking prototype phots and trying to say they are your layout. :D

Seriously, they look great. You and Shamus do such great work, you are both artists in a class by yourself. (no, not the special class :D ) An artistic class by yourself.
  16. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Mike those are great looking photo's, but isn't that first shot a Bachmann On30 Porter with some of Walt's really neat On30 disconnects running around on your HO layout? :)
  17. Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Yep, it is, Tyson. This was one of the test shots I took for Walt's kit labels when he started selling his disconnects. In this photo this size difference (O on HO track) isn't so noticeable. But when I put the train next to some of my HO structures...:eek: :eek: :D