Class "A" Shay

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Sep 8, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Just got the body weathered on this class A early type shay.
    Next thing to do is to weather the shay itself.

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

A real beeeeeeeaut shay is!:D :D :D
  3. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Dammit, Shamus.
    You keep this up and you're going to make me REALLY seriously consider switching to On30.....
    Bill S
  4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

WOW is the only thing I can come up with. Great job!
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks good people, here's another shot but with other 0n30 loco. Yes, I wish I had gone into this years ago.

Attached Files:

• ecp.jpg
      File size:
      66.9 KB
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Awesome! Great to see it coming along!
  7. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

The shay is.......just too much! It's the expression of creativity, that makes freelancing so much fun, and On30 is a great way to freelance.
    Modeling a prototype, getting the correct size handgrabs in the proper locations, counting rivets, has its place, but what you're doing is pure creativity. Keep it up, this is FUN!
  8. camelot

camelot Member

Very Nice Paul , On3 allows you to see a lot of details that you may miss in HO , i was delighted to be able to see the bolts on your early shay and see the soot on the face of the driver.

Keep the photos coming when you can , they inspire us :D

9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

10. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

What can i shay that hasn't already been shaid? (sorry, couldn't resist!). Amazing detail, really like what you've done.

What kind of wood are you using and how do you weather it? Can't wait to see it totally weathered. Regards,
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks alot kind people.

I use plain old stripwood which is then stained with "Antique Pine" whilst it is still a little damp I scrape a craft knife down each plank and then use chaulks to weather it off.