Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Looks to be a model way beyond my limited capabilities, but very nice to have. I'm gonna download and put on my Seagate external drive for storage, and who knows, maybe one day I'll try it.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You can make it, I know you can. I had to look at pictures of the actual car's suspension to realize that the model is that correct! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
You can make it, I know you can. I had to look at pictures of the actual car's suspension to realize that the model is that correct! :)
I'm glad someone has that much faith in me :). One of the creators I follow on YouTube bought a 2CV and is restoring it. The fact that it can drive on 3 wheels is amazing.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The following story is a true incident. A movie should be made about it. The guy used the transmission flywheel against the rear wheel for friction drive. Something that "Mythbusters" got wrong. They got many things wrong. Always hated that show. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Well deserved. He's an idiot. They tried to replicate they man who transformed his 2CV into a motorcycle. They tried to use the transmission though. The guy did not use the transmission, he used the fly wheel to directly rub against the rear tire, the original could go around 30 ,mph. They concluded 2 people would need to operate it, and never got theirs going properly.

He went through all that trouble to recreate a non functioning Samaritan Gun from "Hellboy". What a waste of time. He also apparently does not know how to use a lathe, all the barrel work and rifling could have been done with an indexing lathe.....

In any event, the videos I posted show the actual 2CV that the man made using a hand file, pliers and other basic tools. Luckily he had a water source that was slowly drying up. The flying wheel rubbing against the rear wheel negated the need for a clutch or an engine transmission. A very simple novel solution, and a true story. :)

Last edited: