Christmas Tree is up with Train!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
oh man, i can't wait to get my tree. My dad insists on a traditional live tree however, so its not gonna be around for while. I love putting the trains around the tree, even though it drives my parents crazy.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
kf4jqd said:
That is a $300 artifical tree. It was not baught at a Walmart!

Andy

Cool pics Andy, I wish I could put a train around my tree but my mom would never let me :(

I got's one of those fake trees too, mine is 15' tall but idk how much it was, my mom bought it at COSCO.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
One of my friends had an N scale village that he used as the base of his tree. The train ran around and it was really neat. :thumb:

At this point though it's out of commission waiting for repairs.:cry:

We had a lot of fun wiring the buildings and street lights but those two Christmas trees in front of the Post Office were a challenge! After wiring them up we then had to adjust the scale brightness:curse: as they were way too bright at first but the effects were worth the challenge.:D I believe my friend learned a couple of new cuss words from me while I was wiring those trees though! And if anyone is curious, those trees would be 30' in real height.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Thoroughbreed said:
I've got to get me some G scale, just for the tree if nothing else. I'll prob get hooked on G then and ........sign1

I have traditionally run the old Lionel, but since i started HO scale, there has been a few extra loops of EZ-track. Lionel still dominates, as i usualy run one of their challengers. this year may be different though. i'm gonna have to break out the Acela or my 30 year old Metroliners, both back in action this year!

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
I can't decide what to do this year; The LGB starter set will probably come next year.

My parents will have LGB around their tree...as it has been since the begining of time...but I've also used Lionel both on a basement tree at their house as well as at my aunts house...everyone needs a train around their tree :) I used to use n-scale around the tree in my room growing up.

Perhaps I'll take a couple On30 pieces I haven't yet converted to On3 and run them around the tree...or borrow some lionel from my dad.