Cheap Sound

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
While shopping at 1stplace, I noticed they have a lot of railroad sound CD's and tapes in the Book Section. I thought that would be a cool way to get some cheap background sound. Most of it is bygreenfrog productions. This would work if you have a portable tape or CD player, or better yet a nice sound system, which everyone needs in their hobby room :D :D :D I think I have better tunes in the garage than in the living room. I know the garage stereo gets used a lot more/louder! :D :D :D I was thinking about someday getting the cheap $50 MRC sound deal with cheapo plastic speakers and pumping it into the stereo, but I don't think I want to keep pushing buttons or listen to constant clack-clack-clack, so I think I'll get the $13 background CD. Of course, we have to crank up Pink Floyd when modeling :D :D :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Green Frog

Hi Jon, A couple of years ago I purchased a Green Frog Narrow Gauge Background Sounds tape. I was going to feed it through the aux of my sound system. Boy was I dissapointed:( In addition to narrow gauge sounds of locos etc I heard jet planes, semi trucks and even a helicopter:eek: Not hardly the right sounds for a 1930's era layout!!!:D :D Sent it back for a refund but maybe they have improved them.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Thanks for looking that up! Looks (sounds?) like you have a real cool sound system! Did you have better luck with greenfrog than Vic? I wonder if the NG tape he got was an exception, or the standard :eek:

Heya Vic, you didn't say it came complete with the King of Pop!?!? Is that a bonus track? :D :D :D Is it a remix? I can just hear it, to the sound of Beat it: ribets, do do, them ribets, do do. RIBETS ribets, RIBITS, ribets, ribets, ribets, ribets, ribets, do do, them ribets...:D :D :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Vic,
Wish you were here when I tried to get a refund. It hit the wall.

So, 88, you also evidently vote agin' greenfrog. What soundtrack did you buy from them?

Rich, the weekend before last I listed to three different PF the wall CD sets back to back: remastered studio, the soundtrack, and then the live concert. Believe me, I had a little black box with my poems in :D :D :D I have a lot of the old PF stuff from the 60's on vinyl. I have everything old on vinyl, about 2000 of 'em, I estimate. 16 ft., anyway. Ever get into the final cut?

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Jon, I dunno:confused: They never offered to replace it, just sent me a refund so I assume they had nothing better.:eek:

88, Hmmmmm, all I did was mail the thing back to them with a note explaning why and they sent me a check. But....they do hate to see me coming at the Wal~Mart:D :D :D