Chat Room

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by billk, Dec 19, 2002.

1. billk

billk Active Member

A few of just tried out the chat room - I didn't know it existed until I read the thread under "Board Suggestions". We tossed around setting a time and day for everyone to meet, maybe having a poll to determine same, but decided (I think) if enough Gaugers started using it that we might need to get too formal.

Anyhoo, it's a pretty handy deal, if you need to talk real time it sure beats posting threads. Here's the link -------

2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Clicked on the link...I got the dreaded"Page not found"
  3. billk

billk Active Member

Okay - I think I fixed the link (stupid computer). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but if Jon-M and I could figure it out, there's hope for anyone!
  4. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

dave posted a new one works ok for me:D :D rich
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

First hit the button at the bottom "finger" that "points out who if anyone is online.

then read to the end of the person's (if any) line there will be a "channel #" listed

at the bottom of the screen in your type line - type in /join #

where # is te channel number of the "person" that was listed above......

you should get a line that reads "you are now on channel #"

~~ have fun with it - I think every time someone logs in - they end up on a different channel... :) :)

~~ Mikey
  6. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Floating out an idea......

Could the chat room button be added at the top of the page with "user cp, register, calendar, etc". That way, if a couple people decide they need to step outside and "chat" it's easy to hit the button.

7. billk

billk Active Member

Good idea
  8. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Hi guys, let us know which chat room you want to use, then we'll add the link up top.

Dave Hagan
  9. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

There's more than one???:eek:
  10. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

yep:D :D :D rich
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

12. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah, Dave - that's the one I always go to -- Sounds good to me :) :)

~~ Mikey
  13. Railery

Railery Member

The guage chat room works great. Been talking to Vic off and on.
    Hope too talk to more of u folks :)
  14. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

is that black or white one doesn't matter to me just talked with marty on the white work great the other one has differnet channels??? rich:confused: :confused: :confused:
  15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Enjoyed yakkin at the guys last PM, got on train chat and talked about cars :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey, when you guys get on the forum, if you are interested in chatting, open it up, then if it's an empty room, just leave it open and go back to the forum. We'll be along... 21 folks on the board last night and only 3 in chat.
  16. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Chat room was active again about 11. Tyson, Rich, alkcnw, and I til about 11:30. Good place to talk trains.:)