Cargo ship

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Anpu, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Anpu

Anpu New Member

Here is a cargo ship model from Scalescenes originally the model is in 1:87 but I have enlarged it to 1:64.
    First the underlying structure:

Almost finished pics:

There is still some detailing and weathering to do before I am satisfied, but it was a fun build.
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You did a GREAT job on the ship. The little figurines are a nice added feature.
  3. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Nice model, excellent weathering and build. I love ship models. This is a beauty! :)
  4. inky

inky Member

Looks great, love the weathering.
  5. Anpu

Anpu New Member

I am afraid I cannot take much credit for the wearthering in the pictures, it is present on the printed model. I need to give it som finishing touches before I am satisfied with the final look though.
  6. HaWSche

HaWSche New Member

Hello Anpu,
    thanks for posting the pictures. I´ve donloaded the O scale model of that ship two weeks ago but when printing the pdf, my printer went berserk and began printing red as pink and all other wrong colors. I´ve even changed all ink cartridges, but to no avail. Guess I better take the file to the local copyshop to print but they don´t allow own paper to bring with and theirs is way to thin.
    Please keep posting your progress so I can follow it when I (hopefully) have a complete printout,
    Greetings from Graz,
  7. Vince

Vince Member

Maybe if you offer to pay the price of their paper they would let you substitute yours?
    I went to the scenescapes site and saw this ship, does anyone know if it's based on a real ship or if it's a generalization?
  8. SameeBD

SameeBD New Member

,,,beautifully done!! and for some weird reason i keep imagining a UH 60 hover on top of the ship :p ....
  9. Anpu

Anpu New Member

Thanks for the comments everyone!
    I will have som more pics of this by the end of the month.
    @HaWSche perhaps the pdf has been corrupted somehow, can you download it again or request a new one to see if that is the problem.
    I will be using the ship for a miniatures game at a miniature convention at the end of this month, I'll try to get som in-game pictures if you like.
  10. HaWSche

HaWSche New Member

@ Vince: good idea, I´ll try that.
    @ Anpu: the file seems ok to me, when opened with a viewer it shows all the right colors. When printing, one or 2 pages turn out fine, then suddenly the colors change wildly. Maybe the hardware manufacturer (name intentionally left out, you never know, they might sue me ... :) ) wants me to buy one of its newer printers ...
  11. Shipmaker

Shipmaker New Member

Model ships are my favorite and I have to put Cargo vessels right at the top. Love the look of your ship.