Carfloat update pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Ralph, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I've been doing a little bit of work on my carfloat/ rail barge scene. I know these came out a bit dark with my inexpensive non-digital camera (Santa..hint, hint) but I hope they show the rope lines from tug to barge and the rust effect on the barge. This first shot is an overview of the scene with Hudson Cement looming in the bakground.

Attached Files:

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Another shot of the tug boat, now manned by a LPB crew. These guys are actualy Model Power "Utility workers" but their hard hats and orange vests that look like life jackets seemed to fit the bill.

Attached Files:

3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

A better photo of the crew at work...

Attached Files:

4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Replicating a photo from the November 2005 TRAINS magazine, a crewman prepares to use a crow bar to remove connecting bars holding the barge to the apron.

Attached Files:

5. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

You've got the water lookin' real good there Ralph. I've got a beach on Garahbara (the tide is out at the mo), that will need some good water like that. :thumb:
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Good show Ralph, great stuff.:thumb: :D
  7. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Ralph, that's a good looking industrial scene. And Woodie's certainly right about the water: very nicely done.

8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Very nice work, Ralph! :cool:

Did you do all this from scratch?
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Thanks guys. Drew, just about everything you see in the photos is scratchbuilt, mostly from blocks of wood and carboard (the tug), a 1 X 6 pine board (the barge), and shelving material and various tubes (the cement plant).

10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Really Good Ralph.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: