Can't Remember

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Wyomingite, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Gang,

Early in the year Tysen showed a picture of a tool he punches out windows with. Can anyone remember the name of it. Big thanks on any replies. Ron:thumb:
  2. belg

belg Member

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

It is a nibbler, but Radio Shack (here anyway) says they no longer make it. You can get it thru Micro-Mark however.
  4. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Thanks Tyson & Pat,

Where or how can I get in touch with Micro -Mark as I have never heard of them. Ron :thumb:
  5. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

6. Tyson Rayles

Never heard of em'?????????? Ron stop what you are doing and call
    tell em' you want a free catalog now!!!!!!!!! When you get it you will think you have died and gone to hobby tool heaven! :p :D :thumb: The Nibbling Cutter is on page 84 of the latest catolog and is part #81477 for $10.95
  7. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

A great big thanks to Russ & Tyson. Tyson I surely will take your advice and call that number and get that catolog. I'm now heading for that website. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Ron :wave: :wave: :thumb:
  8. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Tysen

I went to there website and ordered there catolog. I did look at the website and the only nibbler I could find was a powered one. What exactly was the tool designed for as that may help me running it down on there website? Also if they no longer make one would a powered one be a good investment. Thanks again'

Ron :thumb:
  9. Tyson Rayles

The part #81477 is for a unpowered one. I'm not familar with a powered one but Jon has one and said it would eat the fender off a 57 Chevy. The original purpose of the tool (I think, always a bad idea! :D ) was to cut out square holes on metal panels for electronic projects. Again page 84 0f my current catalog (2003 Holiday Issue).
  10. Brunob1

Brunob1 New Member

Micro Mark also sells a tool called 90 degree punch which I love for windows. It's #81652 and sells for 22.95. Worth it's weight in gold. I chuck it in my drill press. Works on basswood or styrene.