Canadian Pacific Railway GE ES44AC

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
I think those are the cleanest locomotives I've ever seen. And very ... I don't know ... red.

railwaybob

Jun 15, 2003
Ottawa, Ont
www.railwaybob.com
Actually, I saw a ton of them running between Lake Louise and Field BC last February when the snow was flying. The only way you could tell an AC4400 from an ES44AC was the cleaness of the unit (aside from the absence of the beaver logo).

They run quit frequently through Smiths Falls and they still are looking quite clean. After all, it was the exhaust that was getting them all dirty. By comparison, I saw an ES44AC coupled to an AC4400 running at full idle. The AC4400 was belching black smoke while the ES44AC hardly had any exhaust smoke.

Time to get out the toothbrush and scrub the weathering off the AC4400s so as to convert my HO scale models to ES44ACs.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Herc Driver said:
Bet that looks really nice along the route with snow on the ground.

In my opinion, the only thing that looks nice with snow on the ground is somewhere that I'm not! :D
And it looks like the effects of the thunder storm that recently scared the red component back into my computer have finally worn off: that nice clean diesel is most definitely BLACK . :rolleyes:

Wayne