C P Caboose

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Howdy, I just read your post and went and found you a nice shot of the older C P caboose.
I am sure you will find the makers in Model Raiolroader for N gauge.

I live 15ks From the Toronto CP yards, so if I can help with the pixs I have taken over the years let me know.
Cheers.
Chris.

Attachments

• older c p caboose.jpg
    older c p caboose.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 174

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi again, Here is another one CP caboose.
If you go to photo and sceneary thread there is a thread concerning "old rear ends" have a look there may be some more there.
Cheers.
Chris.;)

Attachments

• c p caboose yellow.jpg
    c p caboose yellow.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 153

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
I'm still unpacking from the big move to our new house and when I can scare up all of my photos, I will send you a few.
In 1975, CP was using Vans (Canadian term for Caboose) of all styles from the old wood types up to the newer wide vision steel ones.
Several manufacturers have released vans in CP livery including Atlas, Micro Trains, Bachmann, Life Like, Model Power, Con Cor and JC Timmer, however, all of these models are based on some other railroads prototype and all require at least several hours of work in order to turn them into a somewhat close representation of a CP model.
I have had success modifying Bachmann's rivited steel end cupola model by filling in and modifying some windows, re-working the roof and adding underframe details to represent the steel 1948 model.
A cast resin model of the modern wide vision types is available from Sylvan Models and a model was once available from H&D in Calgary. Also, a Brass kit is available from Athabasca Scale Models (This one is quite easy to put together)
Kaslo Shops has excellent resin Kits of 5 different styles of CP Wood vans as well.
All the above mentioned kits require you to purchase extra trucks, couplers and you have to paint them and decal them yourself, however I have found them to bevery good models worth the time and effort.

Terry

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Here is a photo of the one on display aat White River on the North Shore of Lake Superior
eba00130123f00000019.jpg

jland31

Apr 12, 2002
Ocala, Fl.
Visit site
C P Cabeese

Thanx to you all for the pics & the input.

I,m looking hard for that there yellow one. If any one finds an N Scale in those colors pls. let me know.

Thanx again
Jim