By Your Command...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BazookaJo, Jan 11, 2007.

1. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Nice one David :-D Most appreciated.
  2. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

There's always Red River Paper

I've also seen a silver 8.5x11 cardstock at Michael's. It wasn't inkjet friendly, but it might work, especially if laminated on regular 110lb cardstock. I have plans to make it in regular cardstock, then spraypaint it, then cover with clearcoat. I guess I should get off my keister and design the Viper helmet I've had on the back burner for a couple years. Then we'd have a shelf set.
  3. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Hi MurphyAA

Is the reverse inkjet friendly? :wink: if so, print on that (as long as your printer can handle the gsm).

As for spraying it, I'd stick with the mirror card - Seriously, you will not get a better or more reflective finish out of can or bottle than you will with the mirror card - that's what gave me the idea for the model in the first place :)

4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

When I was in elementary school I did the cylon outfit for halloween one year. We fashioned the helmet around a hockey mask that was sprayed with a 'gold' spray. The lights were christmas tree type lights - we had 3 and it went side - middle - other side - middle - etc.
  5. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Sound like a job for you two guys :wink:

Seriously - there is a Cyberman voice changer on forbidden planet at the moment for £15 - it would be an ideal template for the model. Hell you could practically trace it and scale it up.

And when you'd finished you could even respray the plastic helmet for a darn realistic finish - not a million miles away from the replica busts that are going around for around £500.

come on guys - you know you want to :twisted:
  6. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

bring on the neck brace !!!!!!

great helmet when will the neck brace be available..........and the rest of the cylon armour i want it all......please:thumb:
  7. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Patience my friend - work currently in progress ;)
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

9. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Hi CJ

I've seen that site before - it's a really great site, in fact I used it as a ref when I started my styrene helmet (that reminds me, I must finish it some time).

I sent him a link to hoping he'd link to it as a cheapo alternative (the styrene kit ends up costing quite a bit for the kit and materials) but didn't get a response - guess he wasn't all that impressed,... or maybe too impressed...threatened even :rolleyes:

Maybe when the full suit is done with Ekuth's help (and his awesome eye chaser) he will have to accept the supremecy of card as a modelling tool and destroy his plastic offerings in favour of paper - the true king of materials :cool:

Best regards

10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

LOL! right on Dude!:thumb:
  11. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

You would be proud of me, Bazookajo...

Just got my gloves for the complete outfit in the mail today.

I'll have to dye them and modify the sleeves, but I managed to find a pair of Cooper Armadillo Thumbs as per the wegottafindearth site...

Having trouble finding those boots, though... :rolleyes:
  12. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

:cry: Ekuth Ekuth Ekuth - How many times must I tell you. To become a Cylon you have to start from the inside out.

Heck - I bet you don't aren't even wearing the regulation cylon underwear Ekuth - Always doing half a job m8 :p

Seriously though - nice one :thumb:

BTW backpack Alpha could be completed this weekend :twisted:

13. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

A Sneak Peek of Coming Attractions!

Okay, you Zealots... with permission of Paul (Bazookajo) I've been given the okay to show you what we've been hard at work on:

The Cylon Armor Backpack!

Shots of my Beta Build:

Stay tuned for more details! :mrgreen:
  14. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

I think WOW!!! best sums it up.
  15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

or maybe even WOW!!!
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

17. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Cylon backpack and Neckpeice complete :)

Finished my build of the neck and backpack. Now just need to create basic instruction sheets hopefully before this coming Monday.

Then we go live :thumb:

18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

holeeeeeee cow! super!
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Most EXCELLENT! Kudos on a fine job, w00t!
  20. ekuth

ekuth Active Member