bwz.39 Motorfort

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Jakar Nilson, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Jakar Nilson

Jakar Nilson New Member

I've been trying to learn how to make models using 3D programs. In the past, I've mostly used a combination of physically playing around, math, and vector programs.

For this test, I decided to go with a completely obscure alternate history design: a Polish "motorfort" created by Scott Lynch on his now defunct website "Ghosts of the Steel Age" for the game Gear Krieg.

It did end up being more complex than I thought it would be (mainly the curves), and fold-out app for Sketch-up was a bit hard to get used to (not to mention Sketch-up's rotate tool).
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Everyone started somewhere and I think you have a great start here. Just keep on plugging away.Try separating some of the parts, use less folds. You will get a stronger model and one easier to design. Great job! I like it!! :)
  3. Jakar Nilson

Jakar Nilson New Member

I already spotted some of that while I was working in Sketch-up (it certainly liked to gobble up everything). The central piece is eight objects , most on the underside. The use of paper rather than card was deliberate, since it's cheaper and disposable.