After taking the plans for the AT-AT and digitizing them in AutoCAD, I felt like I had a clean enough base to start my project. The parts are sorted over 7 22"x28" sheets of posterboard and each sheet was printed on a 36" wide inkjet plotter. I got all of the sheets printed last night and took them home, with the intentions to the build over the 4th of July weekend. Well, seeing all of those huge sheets there just made me want to get started even sooner. So, with scissors (yes, it's big enough to cut all the pieces out with scissors!) and an X-acto knive in hand, I decided to start on one of the "feet" as well as the head. Since this particular model didn't have any detailed instructions, I wasn't sure what to expect, and sure enough the foot threw me a curve, literally. Even with all of the corrections in symmetry and scale that I made in AutoCAD, the foot proved to be difficult. As each "ring" was made that makes up the foot's structure and test fitted, it was obvious that the minimal imperfections that this model may have had on 8"x11" paper were grossly exaggerated when enlarged 3 times. Each section's overall circumference must be fairly close for the foot to look right. Even with the AutoCAD drawings, they didn't come out nearly as close as they should have. I'm now going to have to go back in and verify that all of the circumferences between parts are more accurate. The good thing is...the poster board only costs $0.25 each, so I'm not out anything more than time. Now, the head...that's a different story. Man, this sucker's going to be big!! The head has gone together quite well so far. I still have to add the side and chin guns, but the main section looks pretty good considering the scale. I plan to go in and add some weathering with pastels and my airbrush once the entire thing is built. Even so, this really is going to be a cool model when completed, taking into consideration my meager building skills. Now, to the pics. Here are four pics that I snapped this morning of the head. I won't even show you the foot, as I'm really disappointed with it. Once I get the problems fixed and have a correct one built, I'll post. The last picture shows the head next to my calculator. For reference, my calculator is almost 6" long and 3" wide.