Bridge pics for Trucklover

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gary S., Sep 19, 2007.

1. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Here are some shots of the removable bridge. I'll build some abutments to cover the aluminum support brackets.

Attached Files:

2. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

some more

Attached Files:

3. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW thanks Gary!!! Awesome pics.

That looks fairly easy to build and it also looks great!! Mine will span about a 5' gap.

Thanks again Gary, Ill for sure be coming back to you and this thread if and when I do my bridge for my layout :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumb:
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Having buily 2 in G - That's great!!!! I like the idea of someone seeing a train go by from the other side of the door too.. :D :D
  5. nolatron

nolatron Member

Looks awesome. If I decide to continue with my "wrap around" plans for the layout, I'll need to build something similar to span a double door entry :)

My only problem is the doors swing into the office.:razz:
  6. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Now that is COOL! I might have to try that.
  7. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

One note: My layout is of the shelf type, with the shelves just sitting on the shelf brackets. There is a 90 degree corner to the left of the bridge, and it has about 1/4" of play - meaning that I can push the shelf back when putting the bridge in place, then I can wedge it up against the bridge when I'm running. This makes taking the bridge out quite easy too, but it is stable when I'm running trains.

The shelf that I move is 27 feet long, so the 1/4" is very little movement when compared to the radius.